The Customer Support Team Lead is responsible for leading and supervising a team of customer support representatives to ensure exceptional customer service and satisfaction. This role involves managing daily operations, assisting team members in resolving complex customer inquiries, and contributing to the continuous improvement of our customer support processes.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of customer support representatives.
- Set clear performance expectations, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Foster a positive and motivating work environment that promotes teamwork and individual growth.
- Handle escalated customer inquiries and resolve complex issues promptly and professionally.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on our products/services and company policies.
- Assist team members in resolving challenging customer interactions.
- Monitor and evaluate customer interactions to ensure high-quality service. Make sure interactions are being properly tracked, documented, and followed up on.
- Develop and implement quality assurance processes to improve customer support performance.
- Identify training needs and provide coaching to team members.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Generate reports on key customer support metrics, such as response times, customer satisfaction, and issue resolution rates.
- Analyze data to identify trends, areas for improvement, and opportunities to enhance customer support processes.
- Collaborate with the General Manager to identify process inefficiencies and recommend improvements.
- Implement and document new procedures or best practices to streamline operations and enhance the customer experience.
Training and Development:
- Facilitate training sessions for new team members and ongoing training for the existing team.
- Keep the team updated on product/service updates and industry trends.
- Proven experience in customer support or a related role.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in customer support software and tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of computer networking (e.g. routers, switches, computers & other devices)
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills
- Customer service orientation & people skills
- Solid listening skills
- Problem analysis & problem solving
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Sound judgment
- Accurate data entry & typing skills (minimum of 30 wpm)
- Adaptable, especially as it relates to learning new programs & technologies
- Effective team & independent worker
- Punctual & dependable, with an excellent attendance record
- Self-starter, willing to work rotating shifts (between 7 a.m. & 9 p.m. 7 days/week)
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada; no relocation assistance will be provided. We thank all applicants for their interest in Waterloo Wireless Inc.; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. Final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which may include criminal and credit checks as well as verification of education and previous employment.
This position is full time, based on a 40-hour work week. Compensation is based on experience, payable at an hourly rate, plus 4% vacation pay. Successful candidates will be on probation and after completion they are eligible to enroll into our great, co-pay company benefits. Varying rotating shifts will be required including evenings, weekends and the occasional holiday. Overtime may be needed, subject to operational demands.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
We follow all provincial and federal bylaws regarding Covid-19.
- Tech Support: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person