For more than 40 years, MacGregors Industrial Group has been a leading provider of machining and metal fabrication solutions to the manufacturing, energy, mining, forestry and construction industries. Our goal is to add value and build trust with our clients.
Located in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, our markets reach throughout North America and into export markets.
The Opportunity: Conventional Machinist
Continued growth and expansion have resulted in the need for an addition of a full time, long term, Industrial Machinists.
· Complete understanding in the operations of milling and lathe functions.
· Interpret technical drawings and instructions.
· Ensure that all operations adhere to the appropriate safety protocols.
· The ability to set up machines for production processes and the instruction of apprentice employees.
· Produce precision components.
· CNC knowledge will be an asset.
· Machinists trade certification would be preferred, apprentices will be considered.
· Excellent knowledge in material components.
· Professional knowledge of safety protocols.
Hours & Benefits
40 + hours per week with medical benefits, dental benefits, group insurance benefits, safety footwear allowance, pension plan and vision care benefits. MacGregor’s offers flexible vacation scheduling as well as 10 paid holidays per year.
TBD based on qualifications.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates with the required skills and experience will be contacted.
MacGregor’s business versatility can be viewed at www.macgregors.ca
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Glasgow, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- machinist: 1 year (preferred)