RLG International is a global, boutique performance consulting company of over 150 staff, specializing in on-site measurable performance improvement projects in over 11 countries throughout North America, Europe, Australia, and the Middle East. Our projects include highly impactful offshore, rotational, domestic and expat assignments that happen regularly.
We pride ourselves on providing a respectful and flexible culture to allow our employees to grow and succeed. We believe that a strong culture will help define our success. Learning is growing! What do you think?
We are looking for a passionate and detail-oriented Junior Accountant to join our Accounting team.
The Junior Accountant position requires a person who has a strong work ethic, an eye for detail and accuracy and get things done in a timely manner.
What you will be doing:
Review, process invoices and payments in compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying the expenses with the supporting documents
- Generate the monthly aged accounts payable reports
- Verify and investigate discrepancies by reconciling vendor accounts. Follow up with Vendors or Project Managers as needed.
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers.
- Process the monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Participate in Global Support monthly business reviews and team meetings.
- Backup support where needed for members of the Accounting team.
- Additional projects as assigned by Supervisor.
What Candidates should have:
- At least 1 year experience supporting in an Accounting related role.
- Diploma in Accounting
- Solid understanding of basic accounting payable principles
- Strong computer skills including MS Office(high emphasis on Excel) and Accounting software(Sage is a bonus)
- Data entry skills and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- A team player mentality
- Ability to multi-task, keep track of priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
RLG has an entrepreneurial drive which presents an exceptional opportunity to learn and develop as a leader. This is the opportunity to really leave your mark. With a fresh pair of eyes, you can really help our organization raise the bar in development and ongoing improvement in the employee experience.
- Flexible Work model - We offer a hybrid working model to accommodate the evolving needs of our employees.
- Comprehensive Health plan - includes a health and lifestyle spending account (company contribution of CAD $1725(single) and CAD $2,725(family)) available to you from your first day.
- Rest Time is Important - 3 weeks’ vacation (which increases after 5 years) plus 6 paid sick days each year.
- Future Planning - Immediate RRSP matching available to you on your first day.
- Fresh and bright new office for your in-office days - fully stocked kitchen and lots of social lunches to have fun and connect with your colleagues!
In the interest of providing a safe workplace for all our employees, RLG requires successful candidates to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As we are an international company, vaccinations may be potentially required for travel. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.