STRAND IS LOOKING FOR AN ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
Strand is seeking an individual who is passionate about real estate, has a strong drive to be a part of a growing organization and wants to be an instrumental part of creating a lasting legacy in the urban environments that we conduct our business.
WHO IS STRAND?
Founded in Vancouver in 1976, Strand has been actively involved in a number of real estate sectors, including: the development and acquisition of multi-family apartments and condominium projects, single family land and housing developments, the development of multi-unit warehouse projects, the acquisition of office building properties, and the provision of mortgage financing to developers for residential and commercial developments throughout North America. While Strand has maintained a relatively low profile, consistent with the philosophy of its major shareholders and financial partners, Strand has acquired, developed, and financed over 40,000 homes across North America while consistently maintaining its established reputation for successfully and conscientiously developing real estate. Strand is active throughout several regions in North America, with its head office, located in Vancouver, and regional offices in the southeastern and western United States. Strand’s active projects are comprised of over 8 thousand residential units across North America. In British Columbia, Strand is developing over 4 thousand homes (2,200 condominiums and 1,800 rental apartments), 1 million square feet of industrial floor area, along with over 375,000 square feet of commercial and retail space.
Strand’s development platform has an established a reputation as a well-recognized and respected developer in the region by demonstrating innovation, a commitment to quality, follow through and a focus on building for the needs of the region’s diverse demographic composition.
WHY JOIN STRAND?
Strand’s development business is innovative, dynamic, and expanding. This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a team of professionals in an inclusive and collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. Strand is a progressive real estate group that prioritizes culture and rewards entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration and ingenuity while providing opportunities for its employees to grow with the company, both professionally and financially. Strand has “Deep Roots and Big Plans”.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to provide accounting support as follows:
- Accounts Payable – distribute invoices to relevant managers for approval, record invoices in accounting system and prepare cheque payments
- Accounts Receivable - create invoices and record payments received
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Maintain monthly rent rolls
- Prepare GST returns
- Record monthly interest payments and maintain loan schedules
- Update consultant contract reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of monthly Project funding requests
- Assist with preparation of monthly Project Progress Report
- Process expense reimbursement reports
- Update various accounting schedules
- Assist with month-end journal entries
- Communicate with vendors as needed
- Other accounting duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Accounting Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, able to multitask and work under changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Experience with Accounting Software is an asset
- Positive energy and self-motivated
- Efficient and effective time management, ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Proactive team player as well as be able to perform independently
Strand is proud to foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, growth, and the betterment of all those who dedicate themselves to the realization of its objectives. True to the company’s nature as a “family of professionals”, we are committed to making continued investments in our people. Strand provides a very competitive compensation structure and benefits package that includes the following:
- Generous Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Professional Development, Mentorship and Education Programs
- Strand Employee Wellness Program exceeding industry standard
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please apply to https://stranddev.bamboohr.com/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.