Do you enjoy making a difference? *Do people consider you to be an organized person? Would people say you know how to get a message across? Are you naturally inquisitive and don’t accept the status quo? Do you easily admit when you’re wrong? Do you get satisfaction from a job well done and like to celebrate success when you’ve worked hard to get there?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have the job for you. Highstreet Ventures Inc. is currently seeking to fill the full-time position of an intermediate level Designer to join our growing team located in Kelowna, BC.
Our vision is that everyone in Highstreet’s community will want their friends to work with us, live with us and invest with us. Help us achieve that vision.
Additionally, Highstreet is leading the industry in providing apartments and condos that have a minimal impact on the environment. We’re building Carbon Free Homes™ that are 75% better than building code minimum with a warranty that is double the industry standard.
Reporting to the Design Lead and mentored by our Architectural Consultant, a Designer with Highstreet is directly involved with modelling production and the creation of detailed working drawings.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare Architectural working drawing packages and construction documents using Revit.
- Attend project team meetings and coordinate with other Consultants.
- Maintain project files and archives.
- Research materials, building systems and codes.
- Review and coordinate consultant drawings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with consultants.
- Ensure deliverables conform to company and client standards.
- Provide design input and problem solve to overcome technical design challenges.
- Assist with interpreting and implementing zoning by-laws along with other applicable regulations.
- Produce rendered visualization material, including plans and elevations, when required.
- Visit job sites to gather essential data for the design and implementation of projects.
- Participate in contract administration duties.
- Work collaboratively with team members and communicate openly with a positive attitude.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5-8 years of multi-family building design or relevant Canadian work experience with a strong knowledge of building systems, building envelope and construction detailing.
- Completed a certified Building Technology or Architectural program in a professionally recognized institution.
- Strong working knowledge of Revit, BIM 360, & AutoCAD.
- Experience working with wood framed multifamily & mixed-use projects is preferable.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of local bylaws and building codes.
- Strong understanding of construction principles and building envelope.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with clients and project teams.
- Be highly organized and enjoy managing multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Satisfactory criminal record check.
Submit examples of your work with your application. No phone enquiries. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year