Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Montreal, CANADA
- The role will define the projects objectives, scope, and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle, including refining business requirements and creating fully dressed user stories.
- The individual will need to be hands on with the data to help develop project solutions and identify issues/opportunities.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player committed to delivering on time and able to work under minimum supervision.
- The candidate should expect to work in a global virtual team, sometimes across multiple time zones.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Document business and functional requirements, including workflow, business rules, and use cases.
· Catalog datasets and maintain data dictionary, using firm systems, including Collibra.
· Setup, manage and support data quality controls for datasets, using Collibra-Owl and other available systems.
· Maintain and optimize data quality scores, identify cause of score degradation, work with data owners and technology teams to remediate any DQ issues.
· Assist with data consumers and downstream system teams with any question related to supported datasets.
· .Create documentation that outlines data lineage and a framework for data governance.
· Become a subject matter expert for compliance data.
· Work with the developers to define/document existing application infrastructure and architecture.
· Assist with QA/Testing to review/refine test plans and more detailed test cases.
· Work with the project team and business to identify and resolve issues that arise during projects or as part of day to day business operations.
· Build, develop, and grow relationships with IT and business areas vital to the success of the project.
· Manage/monitor Data issues and perform impact assessment to identify critical processes.
· Perform root cause analysis, work with Business and IT partners to resolve data issues that result from control breaks.
· Understand the Agile framework (working in Scrum/Kanban/Scrumbum model); be able to work closely with development and qa in building, developing and executing requirements.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a large complex banking organization or major consulting organization acting in business or data analyst role.
- Competent and proficient understanding of general technology environments (platforms, organizational structure and culture, teams involved in the successful completion of technology initiatives, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong database/SQL skills: much of the work is focused on databases.
- Good communication, teamwork, and influencing skills; ability to communicate effectively with technology and key business representatives.
- Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experienced in Agile scrum or Kanban lifecycles.
- Able to multitask across a number of projects.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Technical background in integration, development, and/or infrastructure.
- Experience in the financial services field, with emphasis on banking/Compliance technology
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, client focus, and innovation.
For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/genpact, https://twitter.com/Genpact_Careers
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC H3C 1T8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montréal, QC H3C 1T8