Medisca is a global corporation with locations throughout North America, Australia, and Europe, that contributes to healthcare by leveraging strong partnerships that deliver customized solutions with an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation. Backed by 30+ years and a strong foundation in pharmaceutical compounding, Medisca is a business-to-business company that delivers comprehensive offerings by providing value, consistency, responsiveness, and loyalty. From pharmaceutical compounding products and services, to supply chain solutions, mixing technology manufacturing, analytical testing, IP licensing, to education services and more – Medisca delivers extensive solutions that leverages a strong network of partners committed to deeply caring about people. As Partners in Wellness, Medisca offers an unfailing devotion to improving lives, across a multitude of needs and across a multitude of people.
The Corporate Paralegal – Privacy and Corporate Policies will play a critical role in supporting the legal department. This role involves provide legal assistance and expertise in matters related to corporate policies, with a primary focus on privacy regulations and compliance.
The candidate must reside in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Privacy Compliance: Ensure that the company complies with applicable privacy laws and regulations, including Quebec Law 25, GDPR and other industry-specific requirements.
- Corporate Policies: Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of corporate policies and procedures that govern various aspects of the company’s operations. This may include data security policies, employee policies, compliance manuals, and corporate governance guidelines.
- Contract Review: Review and analyze contracts to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Intellectual Property Management: Maintain accurate records of Medisca’s intellectual property. Coordinate with lawyers for filing and maintaining registrations.
- Legal Research: Conduct legal research as requested in areas such as, but not limited to, data protection and privacy laws, international intellectual property considerations, and business considerations for entering new territories.
- Documentation Management: Maintain accurate and organized records of all legal documents and policies, ensuring easy accessibility and retrieval.
- Training and Education: Assist to develop and deliver training programs to educate employees and stakeholders on the company’s policies.
- Risk Assessment: Identify legal and regulatory risks related to corporate policies, privacy and contracts, and collaborate with stakeholders to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Corporate Compliance: Monitor and assist in the company’s overall corporate compliance efforts, working closely with stakeholders to ensure adherence to all applicable laws and regulations.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- DEC in paralegal techniques or academic equivalent.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in IP, in a law firm, an in-house legal department, a consulting firm, or comparable experience elsewhere;
- Knowledge of privacy regulations is essential;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Teams and Excel) required
- Excellent communication skills; fluent French and English (oral & written) required *This role supports our global operations.
- Manage multiple priorities in an organized manner
- Strong listening skills, very customer focused and professional
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with little supervision
- Proven abilities to apply good judgement, ethical practice, confidentiality and decision making skills.
- Detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
What’s in it for you…
We invest time and resources into making sure Medisca is as good as the people we hire.
- Work/Life Balance - 37.50 hour workweek with early Fridays all year long, PTO and vacation policy
- Invest in your health – Choice of modular plans, health spending account and free Telemedicine
- Flexible work environment – Hybrid work schedule with home office reimbursement program
- Your Future is Bright – Opportunities to learn and grow within Medisca
- Save for your Future – Medisca contributes to a deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP) when you invest in RRSPs
- Help us grow – Employee Referral Program
- Central location - Free parking/accessible by public transportation; a commercial center is within walking distance for lunch or groceries
- We like to have fun – company events throughout the year
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.