St. Stephen Guardian Pharmacy is looking for a Full time Pharmacist to join our team in St. Stephen, NB. We provide a Full Pharmacy Team Support, Progressive pharmacy practice, and friendly staff. This is a great opportunity for the right applicant!
We offer a great package: signing bonus, relocation assistance, ongoing bonus potential, health, dental, and vision benefits, licensing and insurance, paid time off, RSP match and stock purchase plan, store purchase discount, and a flexible schedule.
We are a part of Neighbourly Pharmacy, Canada’s largest and fastest growing network of community pharmacies. With over 290 locations across Canada, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care to our communities across the country.
This is a great opportunity for the right applicant! There is also a potential opportunity to become an owner in the business if this is the goal of the candidate!
St. Stephen is a bustling small town with lots of great shops and restaurants, and so close to Maine USA and all it has to offer! Just across the St. Croix river is Calais, Maine.
Close by you’ll find lots of parks, trails, and nature to explore, and the historic and beautiful St. Andrews by the sea. We are also officially “Canada’s chocolate town”!
St. Stephen has everything you need: safety, affordable homes, sports and recreation, and a beautiful, coastal setting. With two elementary schools, a middle school and a high school, it’s a great place to raise a family!
We offer great compensation and benefits!
· Sign on bonus & Relocation assistance will be provided to the selected candidate as required
· Dental care
· Employee stock purchase plan
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· RRSP match
· Store discount
· Vision care
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Making certain that prescriptions are filled and labelled with the correct dosage—informing each patient of potential side effects, drug interactions, and how and when to take specific dosages, before dispensing medications
- Ensuring that all documentation is maintained in accordance with current provincial legislation and standards of practice, including narcotic and controlled substances records
- Working closely with addictions specialists to combat substance use disorders
- Providing information on medication regimens, including counselling on prescriptions, for both over-the-counter and behind the counter products
- Furnishing pharmaceutical information when corresponding with healthcare professionals in each patient’s circle of care
- Participating in inventory control processes, to make sure of the up-to-date accuracy of inventory records
- Assisting the Pharmacy Manager with the supervision and training of support staff
- Engaging in the wide scope of Professional Services available, to make sure patients are given appropriate services
- Participating in company quality assurance initiatives, to establish and maintain continuous quality improvements
- Comfortable working 8-hour Monday to Friday day/evening shifts, with some weekend availability.
Qualifications You Bring :
- A minimum of one-year’s experience as a retail Pharmacist is preferred
- Prior experience working in a retail environment is considered an asset
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in good standing with the New Brunswick College of Pharmacists
- Certificate of Injection for Drug Administration.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Robust organizational ability, with adept attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Bilingual (optional)
St. Stephen Guardian Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to deliver accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and our customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Stephen, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $52.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- pharmacist: 1 year (required)
- Pharmacy License (required)
Work Location: In person