Requisition Number: 61699
Corning is vital to progress – in the industries we help shape and in the world we share. We invent life-changing technologies using materials science. Our scientific and manufacturing expertise, boundless curiosity, and commitment to purposeful invention place us at the center of the way the world interacts, works, learns, and lives. Our sustained investment in research, development, and invention means we’re always ready to solve the toughest challenges alongside our customers.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Scope of Position
Ensures entity compliance with local regulations, GAAP accounting principles and Corning policies and procedures. Assist in the closing process and ensures reporting is timely and accurate. Responsible for preparation of account reconciliations and supports the analysis of expenses as the business requires.
- Bachelor's degree (4 years) in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Solid understanding of financial controls
- Proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with ERP systems, database analytics
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferred
- Fluent in English and French, preferred
- Knowledge of US GAPP preferred
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Supports many aspects of the period closing process, including preparation and posting of journal entries, variance analysis, and accuracy of the general ledger
- Supports compliance with internal and external controls, Sarbanes Oxley requirements, GAAP accounting principles, and Corning policies and procedures
- Assists Controller with completion of the month end reporting package
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations, including bank and credit card reconciliations
- Reconciles intercompany invoices and payables to ensure accurate consolidations
French Speaking Job Advert: https://corningjobs.corning.com/job/Montreal-Analyste-Financier-Qu%C3%A9b-H4M2Z2/1081624700/
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to supporting your health, financial, career development, and life goals as you grow professionally and personally to achieve your highest potential. All benefits begin as soon as you start your career at Corning.
- Our monetary peer-to-peer recognition program is tied to our Values and celebrates you and your colleagues’ contributions
- Health and well-being benefits include medical, extended health care, dental and vision as from your first day of work
- You are eligible to participate in the Corning Optical Communications LLC Retirement and Savings Plan on your first day of work
- RRSP with 100% match, up to 5% of your earnings
- The company will contribute 2.5% of your eligible pay each year to the DPSP account
- Long-Team disability benefit
- Professional development programs help you grow and achieve your career goals