Island Distributors Ltd is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk for a full time, permanent position available immediately. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, as is experience with business administration and accounting tasks.
The Accounting Clerk works to facilitate Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll functions. Coordinating daily, monthly, and yearly accounting operations and reporting directly to business stakeholders, this position requires a dependable and self-motivated individual.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for communication and collaboration with other office staff, customers, vendors and third parties daily.
This position is Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM, with a daily 1-hour lunch.
- Essential computer skills, including experience with accounting software
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Document filing experience
- Ability to prioritize
- Complete weekly payroll submissions
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing financial reports
- Preparing HST returns, T4s and ROEs
- Posting daily sales and journal entries as required
- Maintain financial statements
- Prepare vendor and third-party payables as required
Interested candidates should apply with resume, references and cover letter.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to $25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-12-01