At CGI, highly skilled and committed consultants collaborate in a fast-paced environment, on multi-functional teams, where we enjoy personal and professional development at our own pace. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in us and to the dedication of our people. At CGI, all employees are called members, who feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability, building their own company together – in 400+ offices worldwide. CGI relies on our global resources, expertise, stability and skilled professionals to achieve outstanding results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of us are CGI shareholders!
As we experience considerable rapid growth in Atlantic Canada, we are looking for a Manager for our User and Billing Services team. The Service Center Manager will assume leadership of a team of customer service representatives who provide customer service support via phone, email, fax and chat. Dynamic, passionate and customer-focused individuals on this team diagnose, assist and resolve issues at first contact, dedicated to delivering a remarkable service experience to our customers!
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Manager, Support Desk demonstrates true leadership, ensuring consistency of overall team performance: outstanding quality of technical support and customer service, in conjunction with service level achievement, maintaining standards and procedures for timely and effective resolution of technical issues. Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding the general objectives of the Service Desk and Billing Services, as well as the role and function of each member of the team
- Creating, reviewing and applying individual and collective performance measures
- Monitoring team member development by ensuring that daily tasks and activities align with competencies
- Recommending and/or approving training requests to develop and refine the skills of Service Desk members
- Conducting performance reviews and member satisfaction reviews
- Coaching Team Leaders directly reporting to this role
- Ensuring service level consistency and a high level of service quality in accordance with contractual agreements and customer service level agreements
- Actively soliciting customer feedback and responding to it in a timely manner
- Identifying and suggesting areas for improvement (business process, members, tools, documentation)
- Communicating constructively and effectively with all groups to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded
- Ensuring the accuracy of internal and client reports (metrics, key performance indicators, SLA compliance, SOX reports)
- Verifying and approving the timesheets of Service Desk members
- Assuming full accountability for Member engagement / recognition / retention
- Reducing expenses and optimizing the use of resources
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- At least three years management experience in a Service Desk or Call Centre environment
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Priority to customer service / customer satisfaction
- Superior English written, spoken and presentation skills (French is an asset)
- Finance literacy to support the billing team
- Good understanding of SLA and SLO and a track record of adhering to contractual SLA's
This role requires an individual who thrives as a leader and member of collaborative teams while demonstrating self-sufficiency and independence. Other important attributes include:
- Results oriented / motivated to succeed and develop skills (continuous improvement)
- Attention to detail / precision
- Analytical approach
- Flexibility in adjusting schedules as needed
Education / training / work experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 3 to 4 years of experience in technical management or a related field, or an appropriate combination of education and relevant experience; technical or management certificates are an asset, but not required.
- Experience with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Information Technology Service
- Management System (ITSM) methodology