Our client, a full-service boutique law firm located Yaletown, Vancouver has an opportunity available for a senior Legal Administrative Assistant on their passionate team. The successful candidate will work with an established team of lawyers managing a wide variety of tasks across practice areas.
Start Date: Flexible, ideally November 2023
Shift: Full-time, flexible
Work Arrangements: hybrid remote with three days in office, two days remote
Wage: Generous annual salary based on experience, firm paid extended health, dental and vision care benefits, life and disability insurance, generous vacation time and paid sick leave
Our client offers:
- A wonderful, caring and collaborative team-based and diverse culture
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Long term disability insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Access to parking and transit close to office
- Filing and tracking documents with court registries and various regulatory bodies;
- Scheduling appointments, discovery and maintaining calendars;
- Drafting, proofing, revising and formatting correspondence
- Communicating with clients;
- Revising or identifying and drafting documents from precedents, including affidavits, application records, books of authorities and appeal records;
- Assembling document lists, trial books, expert reports and other required documentation;
- Assisting with annual maintenance for law corporations;
- Graduation from a Legal Administrative Assistant Program or relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Canadian law firm experience;
- Knowledge of court rules and registry procedures in Canada, and specifically BC provincial and BC Supreme Court;
- Ability to research rules and procedures of various regulatory bodies;
- Familiarity with aboriginal law and/or specific claims an asset.
For more information or to be considered for this opportunity, please apply today or contact your Hunter West consultant.
You may be interested in this opportunity if you have Canadian experience in the following: litigation, specific claims, real estate, corporate law, aboriginal law, regulatory law, administrative law, alternative dispute resolution.
We encourage you to visit us at www.hunterwest.ca as our list of Current Opportunities is updated regularly on there! We also invite you to connect with us to learn more and to access our expertise and our connections during your job search.
Please note that offers of employment may be subject to background checks, and that all applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and reside within a reasonable distance to commute regularly or semi-regularly to the location of the posted job.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Please note that we are only able to respond to those who meet the above requirements, and are selected for interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Canadian law firm: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person