The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has 3 indeterminate opportunities within the Operations branch at the Montreal International Airport (YUL).
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
Why is CATSA a great fit for you?
CATSA is world leader in aviation security and screening with a mandate to protect the public. A Crown corporation, it features a mix of public service and private sector diverse backgrounds in which is reflective of the varied background of its employees. CATSA encourages innovation and creativity and offers a healthy and diverse workplace where employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves and feel energized and proud.
If you are a motivated professional seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment and you are looking for the next great adventure, CATSA is the place for you!
Summary of responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Regional Performance and under the functional supervision of the Team Leader, Screening Performance, the Performance Officer is responsible for observing, recording and reporting on Screening Contractor (SC) operational performance at the assigned airport, and various other designated airports, in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures and directives. The Performance Officer performs all other duties and responsibilities related to the position as required.
What you need to succeed
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Post-secondary education in Quality Control, Logistics, Law Enforcement or another speciality relevant to the duties of the position;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience conducting inspections or monitoring in a highly regulated environment where compliance to operating standards and procedures is critical;
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience writing reports and giving recommendations to management.
This position is best suited to individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Very high attention to details and sense of urgency;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a fair, objective and consistent manner;
- Ability to monitor multiple and diverse activities and to report findings and observations accurately;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Organized, critical thinker, self-disciplined, and results-oriented;
- Able to function well in a highly structured environment;
- Ability to liaise effectively with various audiences;
- Ability to analyze and provide recommendations;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team with little direct supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Valuable skills include:
- Experience working in the aviation and/or security sectors;
- Ability to use a variety of software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and mobile devices.
- Experience working in customer service and/or quality assurance and performance measurement;
- Exposure to unionized work environments;
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and the related regulatory and security issues;
- Knowledge of CATSA's mandate and priorities, as well as an awareness of relevant legislation impacting CATSA.
Specific work requirements:
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Ability to work shifts based on a 7 days per week, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year work schedule;
- Language Profile: BBBB;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance;
How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please click on the following link to submit your application before September 27, 2023 by 11:59pm EST.
- Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however, we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications;
- While we appreciate all the candidates’ interest, only those being considered in the process will be contacted;
- CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a candidate pool that may be used to staff permanent or fixed-term positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications;
CATSA is dedicated to an inclusive selection process and work environment. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources representative when you are invited to meet with us regarding this employment opportunity.