Want to work in a successful and expanding law firm in a thriving area of the province? Want to have more control over your practice? Want more client interaction? SV Law is the answer.
WHO WE ARE:
SV Law is a growing and dynamic mid-sized regional law firm with offices in Guelph and Elora/Fergus. It has a long and distinguished history of providing residents and businesses of Guelph, Centre Wellington, and surrounding areas with high-quality, personal, and professional legal services. A firm of nearly 40 lawyers, we have expanded our reach and now proudly serve many clients in the Waterloo Region and the GTA and continue to grow serving areas all over Ontario.
At SV Law, we are committed to the growth of our employees and practice. Our goal is to provide our team with a collaborative, supportive, and respectful work environment to grow your career. We recognize that our most important assets are our employees and offer competitive remuneration, a comprehensive benefit package, contributions towards Group RSP, tuition assistance, an active social committee, a healthy balance between the workplace and your personal life as well as remote work options, among other benefits. We have a strong commitment to our community, and we support and encourage employee community involvement through volunteering activities, fundraising events, and more.
SV Law has an exciting opportunity for a Lawyer within our busy Family Law Practice Group. You will be exposed to a broad range of Family Law matters, and you will be assisting Senior Counsel in a practice focused on high-net-worth individuals. You will be responsible for:
- meeting and communicating with clients;
- conducting and reviewing legal research;
- drafting and reviewing documents, including correspondence, separation agreements, marriage contracts / cohabitation agreements, pleadings, mediation briefs, etc.;
- conducting or assisting in conducting conferences, motions, questioning, mediations, arbitrations, and trials; and
- appearing in courts including for conferences, motions, and trials.
We offer robust mentorship and training opportunities, and you will have the opportunity to build your own Family Law practice.
WHAT YOU BRING:
We are seeking a driven and talented lawyer with 3 to 5 years of experience to join our Family Law Practice Group at our Guelph location and who:
- is a member of the Ontario Bar in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- has the ability to effectively manage a high volume of work, is self-motivated and entrepreneurial;
- has excellent research, drafting and negotiation skills, and is detail-oriented;
- is eager to take the lead on files as the opportunity arises;
- is team-oriented and collaborative; and
- has an enthusiastic and responsive approach to client requirements with excellent people skills.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to Gabrielle Walker, Director of Professional Development and Resources at: sv-career[email protected]. Please visit our website to learn more about SV Law.
At SV Law, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported, and are free from harassment and violence. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and community. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $99,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Guelph, ON N1C 0A1