From corrugated packaging, paper bags, retail displays, pre-print, supply and inventory management, paper mills and recycling, Atlantic is strategically positioned to provide customers with a total packaging solution.
As a Windows Systems Administrator at Atlantic Packaging, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining our Windows-based infrastructure, ensuring the smooth operation of the organization's computer systems. You will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and supporting Windows servers and related technologies.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows server operating systems and related software in a VMware environment.
- Monitor and manage Windows servers, services, and applications to ensure high availability and optimal performance.
- Perform regular system backups and ensure data integrity and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Manage Active Directory, including user accounts, permissions, and group policies.
- Install, configure, and maintain various server roles and features, such as DHCP, DNS, file services, and print services.
- Monitor and maintain system security, including antivirus software, firewalls, and system patches and updates.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Windows systems, network connectivity, and application software.
- Monitor system logs and proactively identify and address potential issues or security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to integrate Windows systems with other platforms and technologies.
- Create and maintain system documentation, including configuration details, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct system performance analysis and capacity planning to ensure optimal performance and scalability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices related to Windows systems administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a Windows System Administrator or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server operating systems, including Windows Server 2016/2019/2022.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, group policies and user management.
- Experience with VMware.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting for automation and system management tasks.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recover procedures.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Relevant certifications such as MCSA or MCSE would be a plus.
Exceptional Customer Experiences... always - At Atlantic, we firmly believe that our business is built to serve our customers. Every team and every department work in sync to deliver an unforgettable experience for the customer. We want our customers to associate the word “Atlantic” with “Satisfaction” and “Quality”, which is what we aim to CONSISTENTLY deliver in EVERY interaction. We are passionate about our customer’s success. Exceptional customer service is what drives Atlantic forward allowing our customers to focus on their business outside the box! We expect all employees to think of the customer first.
Work as One Team - While the company is divided into various departments, at the core of it, we work as one team to drive the business forward. As challenges arise, we expect all team members to step outside their functional silos and work as ONE Atlantic team to solve those challenges. We believe in a passionate and professional exchange of ideas without losing focus on the challenges at hand. We believe that decisions should be focused on what is best for the company, not any particular team or function.
Our people are our Family - At Atlantic, we genuinely believe that our team members are part of the Atlantic Family, and we want to provide employees with the opportunity to have long successful careers at Atlantic. We are deeply proud of the long tenure of several of our employees. In order to ensure employees, have an opportunity to have long careers with us, Atlantic works tirelessly to ensure that the workplace is a safe and accepting environment for all team members. A genuine care for the well-being of all employees has been at the heart of the company since its founding.
Your word is your Bond - Atlantic believes in uncompromising trust with its customers, vendors, and employees. What we promise, we deliver. As a team, we never shy away from the tough conversations, while also doing everything in our power to meet any commitment we made.
Environmental Leadership - Sustainability is at the core of our business. We believe we are the environmental leader in our industry and will consistently make decisions to “do the right thing” every day.
Think and Act like an owner - Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviors even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.
Atlantic Packaging is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where all colleagues and customers feel valued and supported. We are committed to developing our team to reflect the diversity of our communities in which we live and work and seek applicants with a wide range of abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact [email protected]