We are a law firm looking for an immigration lawyer motivated to grow their practice in Canada Immigration and refugee law. We need someone who can reasonably deal with large number of application files such as refugee claim, appeal at RAD and Federal Court, family sponsorship, and various programs for skilled workers and business immigration under the provincial nominee program and federal programs.
We will provide required training and supervision if needed. The work hour is flexible as long as the work completed within due time. It is a very busy practice and expect long hours.
Qualification and experience required:
- Licensed and in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- At least 1 year’s previous experience in Immigration and refugee law is required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a larger team or independently, where required.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to get things done quickly.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines.
- Conscientious and co-operative
- Multi language ability would be preferable but is not mandatory.
- Able to manage time properly, deliver work within the due date.
- Able to work remotely for example, from home if needed.
- Willing to work on a percentage basis on each file; there will not be any fixed hourly, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or annual compensation. However, large quantity of client files to bill. Clients will be provided by the firm.
- Hybrid work model
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability is required.
This can be a very exciting opportunity for someone who likes to work with flexibility and independently. If you are interested in this position, send us your resume by email. Only selected resumes will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M4C 1J7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario. (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M4C 1J7