Hey there, thanks for checking out our ad!
Are you looking to grow your design skills? Do you have an insatiable appetite to learn? Are you obsessed with details? We mean, like OBSESSED! Do you care about keeping your clients happy? Do you enjoy working with others and collaborating to come up with wicked cool ideas and/or solve problems. If so, wicked. Read on!
As we are a relatively small company, you can expect to wear many hats... As such, this will be a very dynamic position. You can expect to:
- fine tune and/or create drawings (floorplans, millwork elevations, tile extent, exterior elevations)
- interface with the municipalities to obtain building permits
- perform quality assurance of materials prior to delivery to site
- help prep for client meetings
- help document material selections
- help obtain vendor and trade partner quotes
- product sourcing
- document communication between clients & Sprucehill
- the list goes on...
The person that we will hire will demonstrate during the interview process that they are:
- Detail Oriented
- Obsessed with providing outstanding customer service
- A self starter
- Technologically savvy
- able to demonstrate that you can draw using any piece of software of your choice. Ultimately, you will be required to work with Chief Architect
- Ability to create permit drawing sets (please provide samples with your application OR during your in-person interview)
- Create construction drawing packages (please provide samples with your application OR during your in-person interview)
- A Team Player
- Able to take direction well
- Dynamic and able to jump in where and when needed
- Ideally, have some experience in navigating bureaucracies
We are an award winning renovator and custom home builder. Sprucehill Custom Homes & Renovations has been renovating and building since 2006. We have been nominated for over 20 different Georgie and/or Ovation Awards and have won one of each. Our clientele expects a minimum of great quality design and quality finished product. Our goal is to find the intersection of function/aesthetics/budget.
We pride ourselves in leveraging technology to execute our projects more efficiently than the rest. The absolute minimum characteristic of every member of our team is that they truly care about the work they do and take great pride in performing that work.
One of the (many) benefits of working with us is you get to work with Leanne and I... But in all seriousness, we have extended benefits, mileage compensation, cellphone compensation (potentially), and the ability to work from home. We will provide you with a kick ass laptop for you to work with.
For more information on Sprucehill, visit our website at www.sprucehill.ca.
If this position sounds interesting to you, please submit a cover letter that demonstrates the previously mentioned points as well as a resume outlining your experience.
Thank you for your consideration in joining Team Sprucehill! Best of luck...
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
- How often in the past 2 years have you used Chief Architect for your design work?
- interior design: 1 year (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in North Vancouver, BC