STRABAG Inc. is a subsidiary of STRABAG SE, a European-based technology group for construction services. STRABAG Inc. has extensive experience in large-scale underground hard and soft-ground construction projects. We provide expertise in ground engineering and tunnel excavation with qualified personnel.
STRABAG is actively seeking a Senior Contract Manager for our Canadian division where he/she can utilize their extensive knowledge to contribute to the continued success and growth of the organization.
The Senior Contract Manager will manage the main contract and subcontracts in accordance with the Company policies and procedures. He/she will have a thorough understanding of contracting principles and construction law and have good experience in the field of contract management in construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the main contract with the client, including all correspondences, notices, claims, negotiations, etc. in coordination with the Project Management team.
- Carefully analyzes the main contract to build and drive implementation of the Contract/Claim Management Strategy Plan. Participates actively in processes that enable early notification of claims, back charges, or disputes.
- Works closely with the Project Directors (PD), Project Managers (PM), Project Controllers, Project Engineering Managers, and Project Planning Managers, to identify and mitigate risks; and to identify, maximize, and leverage claim opportunities.
- Monitors and negotiate customer requests for variations/change orders/extensions of time. Provides follow-up, as necessary, to drive to transactional closure, including updates to the VO/VR/Delay registers, preparation of the commercial offer, and preparing associated contractual letters for Project Management approval.
- Review of Prime Contract and assist other team members with compliance of requirements as stipulated and ensures timely issuance of contractual notices.
- Leads the change management process and contract close-out plan that minimizes the time necessary to achieve Substantial Completion of contracts.
- Monitors Works toward contract obligations, including monitoring of project schedule toward achieving contractual milestones.
- Monitors/manages correspondence by analyzing incoming and outgoing correspondence. In collaboration with Documentation Controller and/or Contract Administrator, ensures reliable filing and easy access of correspondence from and to customers/partners. In collaboration with Documentation Controller and/or Contract Administrator, ensures reliable filing and easy access of correspondence from and to customers/partners.
- Provide guidance to the project team on logs, documents, and records to be maintained for claims and other contractual requirements, submissions, and closeout requirements
- Liaise and coordinate with management, procurement, and construction managers in the preparation of all contractual correspondence and notices to the subs.
- Manage or Assist in the preparation of monthly reports and payment application
- Develop Procurement and contract management strategy, negotiate and prepare and manage sub- and supplier-contracts
- Ensures compliance of all contract management-related matters with project delivery system policies, legal and regulatory requirements, insurance, finance, tax, and health, safety, and environmental (HSE) requirements. Review and manage subcontract performance including finalizing & certifying monthly payment certificates
- Liaise closely with in-house legal counsel and provide direction on contractual matters to the construction team to ensure scopes of work align with the contractual obligations. For the litigation process handled by Legal Team, the Contract Manager will support the Legal team or external counsel.
- For Dispute Arbitration Board (DAB) or similar non-litigation mechanism for dispute resolution, is required to prepare DAB files, and referral notes along with substantial evidence and active participation in the process before the adjudication board or similar board.
- Implement, monitor, and manages project-specific commercial procedures also in regard to insurance claims
- Provides at any time, on management demand, a reliable and understandable contractual and commercial analysis of the project
- Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned
- Management of the main contract with the client, including all correspondences, notices, claims, negotiations etc. in coordination with the Project Management team.
- Review of Prime Contract and assist other team members with compliance of requirements as stipulated
- Responsible for the claim management strategy including initiation and negotiation of claims
- Provide guidance to project team on logs, documents and records to be maintained for claims and other contractual requirements, submissions and closeout requirements
- Manage or Assist in the preparation of monthly report and payment application
- Develop Procurement and contract management strategy, negotiate and prepare and manage sub- and supplier- contracts
- Negotiate, prepare and issue contract variations and/or modifications including change orders, change directives and amendments
- Review and manage subcontract performance including finalizing & certifying monthly payment certificates
- Liaise and coordinate with management, procurement and construction workeragers in the preparation of all contractual correspondence and notices to the subs.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills essential
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and trusted with sensitive information
- Good organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of local construction laws and practices
- Self-motivated, persistent and flexible, team player
- 5+ years’ experience in contract and/ or subcontract management/administration in the construction industry
- Engineering background in Civil, Construction Workeragement or Quantity Surveying required
- Bachelor degree in either Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Law or similar
- Knowledge of standard Canadian construction law/regulations
The employee is generally required to work on a construction site.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. STRABAG Inc. is committed to providing equitable opportunities to all applicants and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We will provide accommodation in recruitment as needed. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply please click the link: https://jobboerse.strabag.at/jobs-overview.php?
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience working in the construction industry?
Work Location: In person