Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
La version française de cette offre d'emploi est disponible: Version française - cliquez ici
To ensure that Lafarge products are in compliance with all specifications required. Assists with the implementation of best practices and techniques, in regards to quality and mix design optimization. The position assists all levels of the operation in establishing and achieving quality objectives while working closely with both operations and management.
Health and Safety:
- Assist in the implementation and compliance of Lafarge Safety Program to ensure personnel are working in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner.
- Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Lafarge operations.
- Establish the environment as a priority in daily activities and act as a steward to the environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to meet or exceed environmental compliance.
- Ensure good customer relations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers.
- Provides customer support in resolving quality concerns and problems in the field working with the QC Manager.
Quality Control and Quality Assurance:
Performs and documents quality control tests in accordance with established local or national standards (CSA, ACI, ASTM).
- Must be able to conduct quality control tests without direct supervision and within the precision standards established by CSA, ASTM, and ACI.
- Maintain a documentation of all testing conducted at the plant and on site.
- Must interpret test results and recommend changes if needed.
- Maintain communication with appropriate Lafarge batcher on measurement of air entrainment in concrete obtained in the field and required dosage changes.
- Direct testing at the jobsite for slump, air and making of concrete cylinders, in addition to lab testing such as compressive strength and aggregate sieve analysis.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance, calibration and documentation of testing equipment.
Materials & Specifications:
- Ensure quality materials through the active testing of raw materials.
- Sample raw materials for validation at the lab and conduct mix adjustments (at the plant or in the field) using admixtures as required.
- Pass ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1. Pass CCIL Concrete Testing Technician
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Quality Control Technician Supervisor
Works closely with the plant personnel (batcher, loader operator and drivers)
Safety Performance objective is “Zero”
Responsible to achieve targeted KPI’s i.e. safety, service, volume delivered
- 0 Direct Reports
- 0% travel outside market area
Education & Work Experience:
High School degree or equivalent
Associate’s degree preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
Excellent customer service skills – dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
Must be flexible and balance shifting priorities to meet deadlines
Posses a general knowledge of construction and Aggregate & Concrete products and an understanding of the market, competition and business opportunities
Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the desire to seek solutions
Must be timely with sharing information and provide the information people need to get things done and make decisions
Excellent written and verbal communications – ability to write and speak succinctly in a variety of settings and styles
Must be a strong team player and gain the trust and support of peers
Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel and Word
Job-Specific Competency Profile:
- Business Acumen
Learning on the Fly
Foundational Competency Profile:
- Customer Focus
Ethics & Values
- Integrity & Trust
- Priority Setting
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.