The Senior Staff Accountant will manage a portfolio of clients for which the firm provides a variety of bookkeeping and accounting services. The candidate will be the primary point of contact between the client and the firm and will act as a liaison between the client and governments, lenders and CPA firms as necessary. The individual must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management through a high level of service.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, on and off site. Services include full-cycle bookkeeping, management reports, financial statements, corporate and personal tax planning.
- Responsible for compliance with federal, provincial and other reporting and filing requirements. Identify, analyse and conclude on accounting issues.
- Maintain year-end working papers. Prepare review and compilation engagements.
- Leadership of engagement team, monitoring of schedules, deadlines and internal budgets, as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Exert care and control over assets and records and establish procedures for safeguarding, including security and computer backup (copy virus checked and stored off-site).
- Provide software consulting and technical support (including software updates, trouble-shooting and back-ups).
- Will act as a financial analyst for our clients.
- Advise on cost management and cost control measures and the cost effectiveness of such measures.
- Maintain investment schedules and oversee cash flow requirements. Maintain relations with bankers.
- Must be proficient in Caseware, Taxprep (T1 & T2) as well as MS Office and software typically used by small business clients such as Sage 300 (formerly Accpac), Sage 50 (formerly Simply Accounting) and Quickbooks.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Students working towards CPA designation preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Must be dedicated and motivated to achieve high standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Overtime as required to fulfill client and government deadlines.
- Must have their own vehicle.
- Must work in office or at client sites.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- accounting: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person