In-House Civil Litigation Lawyer
CCA is a privately owned and operated Canadian corporation providing full-service accounts receivable management solutions with a focus on helping our clients recover past due accounts before they become bad debt.
Commercial Credit Adjusters provides solutions to organizations across a wide range of industries including Agriculture, Commercial, Financial, Government, Higher Education, Insurance, Retail, Telecommunications, and Utility. Services are offered in both official languages across Canada.
We are searching for a talented, ambitious lawyer with a focus on civil litigation with an emphasis on debt collection to join our legal department.
Commercial Credit Adjusters offers a full range of litigation services to our clients throughout Canada. Services we offer extend from solicitor’s demand notices to representation in both small claims and civil divisions of the superior trial courts with all pre-litigation and post-litigation documentation being prepared in-house.
- Hold a Law degree (LLB or Juris Doctor) from a reputable Canadian University (or equivalent) and is a practicing member in good standing of The Law Society of Manitoba.
- Will have experience in Civil Litigation practice, and sound knowledge of judgment enforcement.
- Draft and file court documents such as Statements of Claims, Default Judgments, Motions, and Enforcement documents such as Writs, Garnishments and Land registry documents.
- Provide counsel on in-house corporate matters and corporate filings.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills and negotiation skills
- Ability to establish diplomacy, apply discretion and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality work with sound judgement.
- Corporate Law and Contract Law experience is considered an asset
- Licensed to practice law in other Canadian Provinces is considered an asset.
How to apply:
This is a new position for our company and we are open to discuss various compensation models. If you are an energetic individual interested in exploring this permanent career opportunity, please send your resume along with cover letter and compensation expectations to: [email protected], or visit our website at www.cca.ca
All applications will be confidential.