Location: Hybrid - Vancouver, Canada
This is a hybrid position primarily based in the Vancouver office. We’re committed to your flexibility and wellbeing and our hybrid strategy currently requires two days a week in the office, giving you the option to work remotely for some of your working week. Find out more about our culture of flexible working .
We give you a world of potential
We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Corporate Actions Project Manager in Vancouver, Canada.
A role you will love
The Corporate Actions Project Manager is NOT an information technology (IT) role. This individual will be the primary contact with issuers and their legal counsel on all incoming Corporate Actions, with responsibility for all aspects including providing comments on documents and agreements and assessing fees to be charged.
This position will also have responsibility to up-sell and cross-sell new or existing services that may be launched throughout the year, by visiting and presenting to counsel, prospects, and existing clients.
In this key role for our business, you will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Client Relationship: Ensure clients/counsel are utilizing our precedent documents, agreements and fees and that service standards and duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the executed agreement are being adhered to, to limit any risk or liability to Computershare.
- Ensure that fees are approved by Manager or General Manager as per policy and that LVTS payment notifications are made immediately to Finance (25 million and above)
- Capitalize on all potential opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell existing and new products to counsel, prospects and existing clients to maximize our revenues. Firm upsell and cross sell ($$) targets will be set for each region with respect to these targets.
- Must have the ability to read and understand moderately difficult concepts in items such as reports, agreements, prospectus’ or government regulations
- Must be able to write or modify text to communicate sometimes complex information in order to affect the decisions or actions of others. This may include persuading or influencing others.
- Required to plan larger projects OR the work of a larger work group which involve many tasks.
- The position requires developing imaginative solutions for a variety of unrelated problems or issues, requiring versatility and affecting a major aspect of the business or very large or complex client situations.
- Responsible for providing quality service through developing and maintaining close client relationships. It is necessary to anticipate changes in the client’s organization and that these changes must be considered in light of trends, statutory requirements and costs. It is an important responsibility of the job to maximize the benefits to the client of our advice and service.
- Responsible for ensuring clients and counsel use our precedent documents and where the action deviates from the norm, to escalate matters to the Manager, Client Services, Corporate Actions for review, approval or escalation.
- Responsible for understanding clients’ needs and recommending appropriate fees.
- Responsible for exploring sales opportunities within their region by reviewing and analyzing papers and other publications to target clients and promote new business opportunities.
What will you bring to the role?
To excel in this role, it is expected that you will possess the following experience:
- Canadian Securities Course
- 3-5 years’ experience in Securities Transfer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Highly developed interpersonal and Relationship Management skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Exposure to developing and mastering problem solving and negotiating skills.
- A team player
- Post -secondary Diploma or University or College degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration (or equivalent)
- Trust Institute Phase I & II
Rewards designed for you
Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll receive a company contribution as well.
Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
A company to be proud of
We're a global leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees across more than 21 different countries. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of our world of opportunities.
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrate the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone. We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel values, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us at [email protected]
detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Since 1978, we’ve been trusted by companies around the globe to manage their shareholder registry, corporate actions and shareholder meetings and we’re now the number one transfer agency in the world. As client needs evolved, so has our portfolio of services; extending our Issuer Services into equity and entity governance services to companies both public and private worldwide. Careers in Issuer Services could mean anything from assisting shareholders with their portfolios, enabling access to global markets or helping clients deliver on their equity and entity compliance requirements everywhere they operate.