Job Title: Credit Analyst
Are you interested in taking the first step to a rewarding career? Is finding a role that allows you to grow within the company to achieve your career goals, exactly what you are looking for? If so, consider becoming a Credit Analyst with our Current Financial Team!
As a member of a direct asset-based lending team, you will be primarily responsible for processing and analyzing credit applications for loans and leases, reviewing credit submissions for accuracy and completion, conducting the necessary credit related due diligence on the applicant(s), identifying forced or orderly liquidation value(s) of the underlying security, following the internal credit decisioning steps outlined within our Credit policy, corresponding with broker partners, and entering each application into a centralized system.
Summary of Core Responsibilities:
· Evaluate the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and make recommendations on credit limits and terms..
· Analyze financial statements, credit reports, and other relevant information to assess the risk associated with extending credit.
· Conduct thorough research and due diligence on customers to ensure compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
· Monitor existing credit accounts to identify potential risks or issues and recommend appropriate actions.
· Collaborate with sales and customer service teams to resolve any credit-related inquiries or disputes - Prepare detailed credit reports and present findings to management for decision-making purposes - Stay updated on industry trends, market conditions, and regulatory changes that may impact credit decisions.
· Receive, sort, and process credit application requests in a timely fashion.
· Assess applications received for completeness, including making sure that all required credit information to make an informed credit decision is/are included.
· Ensure credit bureaus are received or pulled, corporate name and verification is conducted, trade references (if applicable) are received, and financial statements, or any other applicable credit information are verified.
· Develop and utilize financial statement analysis skills to spread financial statements and prepare written comments, highlighting important aspects of the financial statements pertinent to the application.
· Underwrite with the highest level of due diligence, accuracy, customer service and professionalism.
· Prepare credit files to a level that reflects the sophistication of the credit requested.
· Prepare and manage credit approval files and documents.
· Conduct any necessary due diligence searches.
· Approve credit decisions within the approved authority level.
· Prepare approvals accurately reflective of the scope of the credit request.
· Maintain open and timely communication with broker partners, as well as documentation and funding teams.
· Establish and maintain resources and methodology to effectively establish and analyze current equipment values.
· Assist in the development and implementation of procedures, to minimize risk and improve underwriting quality.
· Maintain a constant and proactive vigilance for credit fraud.
· Maintain credit department policy and procedure manual as required.
· Data input and accuracy into the required systems used.
· Other duties as may be required.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data and make sound judgments.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in analyzing complex information.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills for effectively presenting findings and recommendations and drafting the necessary terms and conditions applicable to the specific credit extensions.
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge of credit risk management principles, practices, and regulations.
· Strong desire to succeed
· Exceptional work ethic and focus on required tasks.
· Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Natural tendency to help out with all functions within the company.
· B.A./B.S. degree in business administration or finance preferred.
· 3+ years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Loan or lease underwriting
- Portfolio and asset management
- formal credit/risk management course-work/training
· Equipment leasing experience is considered an asset.
NOTE: A MORE SENIOR ROLE IS ALSO AVAILABLE. PLEASE EMAIL US IF YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS EXCEED THE OUTLINE ABOVE.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5V 1C8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- underwriting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person