Articling Student, Criminal Litigation
Location: Downtown Toronto (steps from Union Station)
E-LAW PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION (“E-LAW”), one of Canada’s fastest growing criminal law firms, is currently looking for an articulate, energetic, and well-rounded individual with a passion for criminal litigation to join its 2023-2024 articling program.
The goal of the firm’s articling program is to provide participants with a combination of hands-on criminal law firm experience and real-life courtroom exposure to adequately prepare them to meet and surmount the challenges they will face as first-year lawyers.
- Be registered in the Lawyer Licensing Process and eligible for articling in accordance with the requirements set out by the Law Society of Ontario.
- Speak and write excellent English.
- Be an energetic self-starter, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team and able to meet urgent deadlines while multitasking.
- Be thoroughly familiar with MS Office applications such as Word and Excel.
Your Duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assisting with trial preparation, disclosure review, drafting pleadings, charter applications, motions, and legal research.
- Meeting and/or communicating with stakeholders in the criminal litigation process, including clients, crown attorneys, the police, and other interested third parties.
- Attending court (virtually or in-person) as required.
- Assisting with legal administration tasks on the firm’s cloud-based practice management system as required.
- Carrying out other tasks or assignments as required.
To be considered, your application must include:
- Your resumé and a cover letter
- Your law school transcripts
- Your undergraduate transcripts
- A recent letter (or letters) of reference
- A sample of your legal writing in the area of criminal law
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,927-$39,965 per annum depending upon experience
· Dental Care
· Extended Health Care
· Life Insurance
· As required in order to maintain professional obligations to our clients.
To be considered, a candidate must be registered in the Lawyer Licensing Process and eligible for articling in accordance with the requirements set out by the Law Society of Ontario.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,927.00-$39,965.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Please answer 'Yes' or 'No'. Do you understand that in order to apply for this position, you must be registered in the Lawyer Licensing Process and eligible for articling in accordance with the requirements set out by the Law Society of Ontario
- Please answer yes or no.
I understand that my application will NOT be considered unless it includes ALL OF THE FOLLOWNG:
1) My resumé 2) A cover letter 3) My law school transcripts 4) My undergraduate transcripts 5) A recent letter (or letters) of reference, and most importantly 6) A sample of my legal writing in the area of criminal law
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person