Donald’s Fine Foods is a family-owned business and has operated for over 25 years. We are a specialty meat processing and distribution company spanning four plants in British Columbia and Saskatchewan, serving both domestic and international markets.
Brief Job Description:
The Quality Assurance Manager will be accountable for the execution of Food Safety & Quality Assurance programs at the facility. The QA Manager is an integral member of the facility’s management team. The QA Manager will be responsible for driving continuous improvement, integrating quality assurance and quality control principles into all functions, and people, and ensuring compliance with the company’s policies and government regulations. The position reports to the Director, Quality Assurance & Food Safety.
Food Safety & Quality
· Ensure the effective execution of all Food Safety and Quality programs to meet corporate, customer as well as regulatory requirements (CFIA, Health Canada, USDA)
· Manage the development and maintenance of HACCP, Process Control Plans, GMPs and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
· Manage HACCP Program assessments and reassessments, and update GMPs, policies and procedures.
· Ensure the maintenance, effectiveness, and performance of plant sanitation standards (pre- and post-sanitation, micro, equipment and environmental testing).
· Lead and/or facilitate internal and external audits, and inspections (BRC, Customer, and CFIA).
· Implement and maintain all applicable auditing standards (CFIA SIP & CVS, BRC, and Animal Welfare etc.).
· Collaborate with regulatory authorities and ensure that regulations (CFIA, domestic, export, labelling, traceability etc.) are adhered to.
· Ensure timely response and resolution of necessary corrective actions associated with complaints, audits, and CFIA concerns.
· Lead facility activities during potential product recalls.
· Support or lead change management and continuous improvement activities including projects relating to processes, programs and/or systems.
· Execute training programs that support the Company’s objectives concerning quality and food safety.
· Together with facility leadership, drive the organization’s food safety culture.
· Apply administrative and record-keeping processes to support the programs listed above.
· Exemplify the DFF values of People, Safety, Integrity, Quality and Customer Focus
· Lead coach and develop QA Team.
· Actively participate in facility’s leadership meetings.
· Adhere to and promote Company procedures and policies at all times.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Provide and maintain a safe working environment for all employees and visiting customers.
· Work with the team towards achieving zero lost time and medical incidents.
· Adhere to the rules, regulations, and labour as per the site policies on OH&S.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Moose Jaw, SK S6H 8B4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- managerial: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person