Merge your passion for connecting Indigenous communities with your flare for real estate.
Join our team
Our team develops and executes on TELUS’ corporate Reconciliation commitments in collaboration with business units across TELUS. Part of the Customer Network Planning team, our team delivers on a world-class customer experience by expanding our fibre-optic infrastructure directly to homes and businesses to Indigenous communities across British Columbia and Alberta. This portfolio is on the cutting edge of innovation in the telecommunications space where TELUS is actively engaged with Indigenous communities to identify opportunities to expand broadband technology and services to areas otherwise unreachable. This is a fast-growing portfolio and one of the most strategic programs at TELUS.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are a people person and team player. Not only are you able to navigate complexities, but you thrive in researching land titles, rights of way, federal approvals and permitting of telecommunication facilities. Furthermore, your collaborative nature serves you well as you assist in the development of policies for building and operating telecommunication works on different types of Reserve, Land Code and Modern Treaty lands..
- Compiles relevant property information including ownership, details of land regime (ex. Indian Act or Indigenous Land Code) and existing interests in support of property transactions
- Reports on the content of existing interests to determine what additional consents and approvals are required for proposed telecommunications works
- Prepares documents for execution and checks thereafter to ensure completion and accuracy for registration
- Program manages the registration process for all interests acquired on Indigenous lands, primarily in British Columbia and Alberta
- Evaluates procedures and recommend improvements on the delivery of projects
- Ensures quality control of data entry and tracking of lands, registered interests and all third-party consents, necessary to hand over to the implementation teams