Texcan provides customers with high quality wire and cable products at the best value possible. As one of Canada’s largest distributor for over 40 years, we have built a reputation for going to great lengths for our customers. We supply solutions for a variety of different markets in residential, commercial, industrial and emerging green markets such as wind farms, solar energy, hydroelectric, water and waste treatments.
We are a member of the Sonepar Group, the world’s largest privately-held electrical distributor. The Sonepar Group is present in more than 40 countries with over 45,000 employees.
Why Join Us?
- You will be joining a market leader with over 40 years of experience to help you elevate your potential.
- You will be working for the world's #1 privately held business to business distributor of electrical products and related solutions.
- Be part of an ISO certified company with a strong a quality assurance program and new technologies which help you perform at your best.
- Attractive compensation with benefits and “other perks” such as tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Referral provides the opportunity to earn more while you work by referring one of the best you know.
- In-depth process and product training provided by a mentored approach, product knowledge sessions hosted by the Product Manager and lunch and learn meetings.
- We house the largest inventory to better service our customers and deliver on sales commitments.
- Contacting current customers and identifying new products and potential up-selling.
- Responding to and processing incoming calls and orders.
- Opening new accounts.
- Developing customer base and sales leads by making cold and warm calls.
- Entering orders into system.
- Maintaining knowledge base on current products and learning about new products.
- Providing pricing quotations and follow-up on quotes.
- Returns - as required.
- Providing technical support on products.
- Provide quotations and product information.
- Troubleshooting [freight problems, expediting, etc…].
- Responding to inquiries.
- Identify, develop, and close business opportunities.
- A minimum of 3-4 year of sales experience.
- A background in selling industrial and commercial products is an asset. Product knowledge or industry experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of solution selling vs. price.
- The role includes a strong understanding of sales margins, product sourcing, pricing and negotiations.
- Candidate must show progressive sales accomplishments.
- Strong business acumen and professional approach to offering effective services and solutions.
- Post-Secondary courses in Sales and/or Marketing preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- CRM experience preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- We offer a competitive salary, plus a full set of benefits, including:
- Flexible benefits program allowing you to choose from options that best fit you and your dependents’ needs. Benefit options include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Spending Account & RRSP matching.
- Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a career path.
- Regardless of your benefits program, you will receive company paid Life Insurance, and employee paid disability.