LUTHERWOOD IS DEDICATED TO SUPPORTING COMMUNITIES WHERE EVERYONE EXPERIENCES MENTAL WELLNESS, OPPORTUNITIES FOR EMPLOYMENT, A PLACE TO CALL HOME, AND A SENSE OF BELONGING.
To better serve the diversity of our community, Lutherwood is committed to embedding anti-racist, anti-oppressive practices, and perspectives into the fabric of our organization. We have implemented mandatory antiracism training, we are actively building safe spaces to host brave conversations for learning, and we are fostering a culture of belonging for all, but especially BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, historically and presently marginalized individuals and communities.
There is one Part-time contract Child and Youth Counsellor I, Safe Haven - Nights position available, starting on October 23, 2023, and ending on March 31, 2024, working 33.75 hours per week.
- Undertakes various Child and Youth Care Worker duties in the assigned service area and works with the Child and Youth Counsellor II, maintaining a safe environment.
- Works in partnership with multidisciplinary teams to facilitate safe and goal-focused programs for clients.
- Supports the implementation of evidence-informed practices including the Housing First Model and Connect Principles.
YOUR TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to design and implement recreational and group programming.
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly and counsel youth, and give and take direction.
- Resiliency while working under the physical and emotional stress is necessary.
- Required to hold: completion of P.M.A.B. or equivalent, current First Aid/CPR certificate, and “G” class license.
- Diploma or degree in child and youth work or related discipline plus at least one year successful experience as a Child and Youth Worker or equivalent.
What's in it for you?
Rate of Pay: At Lutherwood all salaries are categorized under a series of "bands" determined during our job evaluation process. When determining rate of pay for external hires, a candidates past related experience will be taken into consideration along with where others with similar experience currently fall within the band. Note: most new team members will start between the starting salary and the mid-point of the range.
Job Band E (hourly wages): Min - $22.26, Mid - $23.93, Max - $26.74
- Eligible to participate in Group RRSP and TFSA plans.
- Voluntary eligibility for Pension after 2 years
- 3 weeks Paid vacation (accumulated bi-weekly) + 15 hours of personal time per year
- Paid Sick time (accumulated monthly) to a maximum of 300 hours.
- Access to our Employee and Family Assistant Program (no cost).
- Discounted GRT passes through membership with TravelWise.
If you are community-focused and share our values and antiracism commitment, we want you to grow with us. Please submit resume, in confidence, no later than 4 pm on July 03, 2023, to:
Lutherwood requires all employees to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment. We require certain positions to obtain a Medical Certification.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $22.26-$26.74 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-02
Expected start date: 2023-10-23