Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
The Plant Manager has direct responsibility for the plant site(s) including safety, environment, operations, sales, maintenance, inventory management, performance, quality, financial performance, employee relations, plant’s image and community relations. The Plant Manager is an operations professional who understands the value of planning and processes and takes a disciplined approach to execution, while working closely and effectively with safety, environment, sales, credit, and customer service, performance, finance and HR.
Health and Safety:
- Assist in the implementation and compliance of Lafarge’s Safety Program to ensure personnel are working in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner.
- Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Lafarge operations.
- Ensures that employees, equipment and processes meet or exceed the, governmental regulatory and Lafarge guidelines, standards and advisories.
- Pursues a culture of safety with an objective of “zero” injuries or incidents.
- Actively engages with the employees to reinforce safe behaviors.
- Provides direct oversight in the processing, storage, and shipping of concrete at the plant(s).
- Embraces best practices, processes and tools to ensure plant activities are optimized and costs minimized.
- Effectively utilizes Lafarge’s maintenance programs to maximize plant up-time and manage costs. Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers.
- Ensures optimal operation and maintenance of all fixed and mobile equipment.
- Achieve annual revenue target by participating in customer relations with Sales Manager in the designated market.
Conduct research and analysis appropriate for the establishment of the annual budget.
- Management of raw materials to ensure a balance between cost optimisation and meeting customer needs.
Sales & Customer Focus:
- Accountable for sales and customer service for customer base.
- Collaborates with Sales Manager and VAP Specialist to accomplish goals.
- Ensures jobsite customer management and interacts with customers in order to strengthen the business relationship.
Operations Analysis and Action Tracking:
Effectively utilizes KPIs, Performance Efficiency Reviews, financial statements and operational reports to track performance, establish effective action plans and continuously improve the operations.
- Uses available reports effectively to measure quality, identify variances and establish corrective action.
- Maintains the plant in accordance with stated guidelines for plant image.
- Plant image includes housekeeping, parts storage, vehicles and equipment condition (cleanliness and appearance), entrance & property, and buildings.
HR/Coaching & Mentoring:
- Lead the team to achieve success.
- Responsible for effective recruitment, merit/recognition, development, and disciplinary actions for the site.
- Participates in union negotiations and fosters effective employee relations.
- Promotes a culture of performance.
- Effectively utilizes KPIs, Performance Efficiency Reviews, financial statements and operational reports to track performance, establish effective action plans and continuously improve the operations.
- Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers.
- Drives use of best practices for production and delivery.
- Will be responsible for performing the day to day quality control and will follow the QC Plan designed for the sites.
Safety Performance objective is “Zero”
Responsible for the achievement of all targets and KPI’s
- Customer satisfaction in order to obtain all related objectives.
- Employee recruitment, development and succession
Volume: ~10,000 m3 Concrete
Direct reports: 6
Education & Work Experience:
Degree/Diploma in construction management, engineering, or business preferred
5+ years of related experience
Knowledge & Skills:
Excellent customer service skills and dedicated to delivering on expectations
Flexible with the ability to balance shifting priorities to meet deadlines
Possess a general knowledge of construction, aggregates and concrete products and a solid understanding of the market, competition and business opportunities
Excellent leadership skills and able to motivate team members
Ability to provide complete, direct and actionable feedback
Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete data and under tight deadlines
Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the desire to seek solutions
Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Driving for results
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.