Clark Wilson LLP is Hiring an Administrative Assistant
Grow With Us And Be Your Best
Clark Wilson LLP seeks an Administrative Assistant to join our Indigenous Business Law Group. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience and grow within a collaborative team that is there to support you every step of the way.
What You’ll Be Doing
Every day will bring new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow, but below are some of the regular tasks you can expect to work on:
- assisting with the organization of administrative duties ensuring that daily objectives are met;
- maintaining a full calendar, email management, and managing a lawyers’ practice in regards to client management;
- scheduling meetings and communicating with external stakeholders
- communicating with travel agencies regarding travel plans;
- preparing monthly expenses;
- preparing monthly invoices in Word and Excel as per billing guidelines, under relatively tight timelines;
- submitting invoices to clients via email and using online billing platforms, as required by clients;
- communicating with lawyers, legal assistants, and clients regarding outstanding accounts; and
- general administrative duties as required.
How You’ll Be a Great Fit For This Role
- post-secondary degree in Business Administration or a related field (preferred but not required)
- at least 2 years of experience in an administrative role;
- a self-motivated and proactive approach;
- strong technical skills, including proficiency with Word and Excel;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to handle stringent deadlines and the volume of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
The Exciting Extras
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure you are set up to thrive in a healthy work-life balance at Clark Wilson:
Flexible working arrangements;
- A health and wellness spending account to pay for items that will help you with your unique needs: an exercise bike, swimming lessons, or your pets’ vet bills. It’s up to you!
- Personal days to help you balance outside commitments such as moving into a new home, taking your car for its’ annual service, or visiting the dentist;
- An annual day off with pay and long service bonuses to help you celebrate your work anniversary;
- Health coverage for you and your family, including overseas emergency medical care, prescriptions, vision care, dental care, para-medical services, life insurance and hospital accommodation;
- An annual budget to invest in your professional growth and mentorship to help you achieve your goals;
- Help planning for a comfortable retirement - we’ll match your RRSP contributions up to 5% of your gross income;
- Continuation of your salary at 100% for a portion of your pregnancy/parental leave so you can spend quality, worry-free time with your family;
- A generous monetary incentive for employee referral;
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives;
- Stocked kitchens with an assortment of tea and coffee, including weekly fruit selections; and
- Friday night socials, tasty treat days (the last was Earnest Ice Cream), off-site social events, and team-building events throughout the year.
Who We Are
Clark Wilson is a rapidly growing regional law firm focused on providing the best possible service for our clients. We’re consistently recognized by the media and business community for our professional excellence.
Our team consists of over 275 professionals serving some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Together, we’ve created a special culture, recognized by Great Place to Work as one of the best in Canada, that we’d love to share with you.
How to Apply
Click the blue “apply” button to submit your application.
Clark Wilson is an equal-opportunity employer and advocate. This is not a statement we take lightly; it is part of who we are. We don’t just celebrate diversity, we rely on it to cultivate our culture, provide new perspectives, and grow our collective wisdom.
If you’d like to discover a little more about Clark Wilson and what it’s like to work with us, click here to visit our careers page.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.