We currently have one opening for an accountable, self-directed leader with a positive attitude to join our Internal Audit team. Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit and head of a large multinational conglomerate, this talented individual will help lead the daily operations of the function while providing consultation on corporate controls and enterprise risk management. As a senior member of J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI)’s Corporate Internal Audit Team, you will act as a key partner on behalf the organization and all of it affiliated companies.
This position is located at our Saint John, New Brunswick office.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of leadership, demonstrating strong analytical and communication skills, and having a passion for consultation and investigative research.
- In collaboration with the broader leadership team, develop and execute the annual Internal Audit Plan through the performance of complex assurance, forensic, and consultative engagements aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of corporate processes.
- Consult with and influence business leaders in the implementation of risk mitigating controls and processes.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a diverse group of 6-10 audit professionals through their personal development & performance goals.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the function’s processes and procedures to enhance the speed and quality of audit output and delivery.
- Oversee the development and improvement of processes and infrastructures aimed at detecting and mitigating the risk of abuse.
Build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with team members and senior and executive management to encourage open dialogue and a collaborative approach to problem solving, continuous improvement, and corporate risk mitigation.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit principles and practices, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in an audit/risk role; of which a minimum of 3 are at the management level in industry.
- Post-Secondary Degree specializing in Finance, Business, or a related field.
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) and/or equivalent professional risk management or audit designation(s) required.
- A demonstrated understanding of the application of audit and enterprise risk management standards and control frameworks with the ability to plan and coordinate multiple engagements.
- Strong people leadership experience, with the ability to energize, engage and develop a strong performing team.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with report writing and delivering presentations and training to senior leaders and team members.
- Strategic thinker, with an agile mindset.
- A high degree of personal integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
What We Offer:
We help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities across all divisions of JDI. We are focused on continuous improvement and utilize great technology to support all aspects of JDI Finance. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families and we are proud supporters of our local communities. Our Saint John Head Office location offers a cafe, gym, and parking facility for employees.
We appreciate your interest in our company, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.