Who is eHealth Saskatchewan?
We may be biased, but eHealth Saskatchewan is the place to be right now! As the result of a province wide consolidation of IT services in the health care sector, we have seen substantial growth in our organization that is only going to increase as we aim to meet our expanded mandate and the immense need for our support. This gives our people a unique and rare opportunity to truly create, build, improve, and leave their mark on a growing organization.
We are a Treasury Board Crown Corporation that focuses on digital technologies to enable, support, and enhance high quality health services across the entire province. There is no greater job satisfaction than knowing the work you do is directly related to saving a life or bringing a new one into the world. Although we may not be front facing with patient care, we have a huge role in maintaining and improving IT systems and supporting health care providers and teams throughout Saskatchewan in delivering the best possible care to patients, citizens, and health system users. Programs range from primary care to acute care, and includes laboratories, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Additional programs and services that support patient care and information include Virtual Care, MySaskHealthRecord, the Provincial Electronic Health Record, Health Registries (eligibility for health services/distribution of health cards) and vital event records.
Our vision is “Connected healthcare, accessible to everyone, everywhere” with a mission to “Collaborate to transform healthcare through the use of information and innovative technology”. It is a complex environment, constantly evolving and quick to change as we live our values of excellence, integrity, teamwork, courage, resilience and collaboration.
Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
The Manager, Enterprise Risk Management reports to the Director, Strategic Planning and Corporate Governance and provides leadership and direction to all eHealth employees on Enterprise Risk Management, Business Continuity Planning and Insurance.
This position is responsible for leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor eHealth’s operational and strategic risk. They will develop Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks according to an enterprise risk management framework. They will ensure the organization's risk management policies and strategies comply with applicable regulations, standards, and the strategic goals of the organization. They will monitor and analyze risks within departments and reports on these risks to Senior Leadership.
This position will also lead the corporate wide business continuity planning efforts. They will establish a framework and methodology for completion of contingency plans by eHealth departments. Coordinates training, communication, and testing of plans. Drives and delivers Business Continuity commitment, support, ownership, accountability and results. Designs, builds, and implements standard Risk Assessment, Business Impact Analysis, and other Business Continuity tools and capabilities. Drives and delivers effective Business Continuity strategies to support and, in time of disaster, recover the company's critical business functions. Directs the continuous and regular validation and testing of documented Business Continuity plans.
Required Education and Experience
The successful applicant will have a mix of a strategic mindset, bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related work experience. Relevant certifications or accreditations in risk management and/or business continuity are desired. They will need to be able to paint the strategic picture for those around them, while understanding the operational nuances that drive the business. Curiosity, and the ability to learn new subjects and put them into practice will also be critical.
The ideal candidate possesses risk management training, with applied knowledge in a technical position through progressive career experience, and the ability to lead a risk management function in a mid-sized public service corporation.
- Accountable for leading risk and business continuity planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation for the organization while informing, educating and influencing key stakeholders.
- Identifies, evaluates, monitors the corporate risks for the organization and prepares short and long term risk action plans, risk reporting including recommendations to the Executive and Board on the effectiveness of mitigation strategies and analysis of controls.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for the organization to support quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives by continually evaluating risks, objectives and procedures.
- Directs the purchase of insurance programs, management of claims and loss control activities. Manages the relationships with third party service providers and negotiates agreements.
- Provides coaching and ongoing advice and leadership to the organization on all risk activities.
- Leads the establishment of a risk culture (values, beliefs, knowledge, attitudes and understanding of risk across the organization).
- Establishes strong working relationships and facilitates on-going collaboration with stakeholders.
- Establishes and facilitates committees and working groups as required to support program planning, development, evaluation, and quality improvement.
- Responsible for data analysis and report development for utilization management, quality assurance, demand and capacity analysis, and program evaluation.
- Effectively prepares, controls, and evaluates the annual staffing and operating budgets for the area, and is responsible for the completion of budget forecasts and variance reporting.
- Acts as a role model reflecting the vision, mission and values of eHealth Saskatchewan and the philosophy of client-centered care.
If this role sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for to challenge yourself, make a difference in people’s lives, and showcase your abilities – we would love to hear from you.