Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DIFR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
Reporting to the General Counsel, this attorney will work directly with clients at all levels of the company on a broad range of challenging legal matters including Sales, Marketing and Advertising, Human Resources, and Regulatory compliance. This is a true generalist role within the law department and will require someone who enjoys taking on new challenges within a rapidly evolving landscape. Positive attitude a must, as is a client centric, collaborative, service oriented mindset.
What You Will Accomplish
- Working with our team of contracts professionals, review, negotiate and draft customer contracts related to software licensing, professional services, maintenance/support services, SaaS, and reseller contracts consistent with Magnet’s risk tolerances, revenue recognition and business practices
- Review, negotiate, and draft procurement related contracts and provide guidance to clients regarding procurement related issues
- Provide day-to-day legal advice with respect to Marketing and Advertising activities and Human Resource matters
- Conduct research and provide legal advice regarding specific legal and/or regulatory issues, particularly in the areas of data privacy
- Assist with M&A due diligence, analysis and strategy
- Keep abreast of legal, regulatory and compliance developments, as well as economic, technological, and social issues, as they pertain to the digital forensics industry generally and Magnet Forensics specifically
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership and outside counsel
- Take initiative to lead projects assigned with guidance from other members of the Legal Counsel Team
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes listed in “skills and experiences”. It’s more important to us to find candidates who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experiences they have been a part of, than to find folks who have ‘been there, done that”. We want to be part of your development journey, and we’ll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
There are a few must haves, but we will keep that list short:
- Law Degree from an accredited law school (LLB or Juris Doctor) and Bar admission required (US or Canada considered)
- 2-5 years experience as a legal counsel, preferably with experience working in a law firm environment
- Transactional drafting, Data Privacy, M&A, and IT industry experience preferred but not required
- Prior experience successfully operating in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
The Most Important Thing
We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email [email protected].