OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The departmental objectives are to design, build and support the network infrastructure in the commercial production environment. The network devices consist of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, tools, and monitoring and network cloud technologies. The engineer will follow processes and standards, the responsibility consists of working as an individual or team to implement and coordinate highly complex network deployments.
You Are Great AT:
- Provide day-to-day support for routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers utilized by Network Operations.
- Plan and recommend a design that could improve the existing network environment.
- Provide analysis of network capacity and health.
- Provide expert-level network design, understand all aspects and best practices for enterprise data center infrastructure.
- Work diligently to meet project and business timelines for the design and deployment of network infrastructure.
- Work to provide the best solutions for connectivity between data centers and clients.
- Implement networking best practices and standards throughout the infrastructure.
- Creating documentation (to include Visio diagrams) and communications absolutely essential.
- Plan and implement monitoring, limitations by resources, and users/departments.
- Ability to work after hours & on-call evenings/weekends
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have hands-on knowledge of network technologies and methodologies.
- Be current on network technologies consisting of network design best practices.
- Shall have experience supporting complex technical environments, and carries a professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner toward clients, partners, and peers.
- Candidate must have excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations.
What It Takes:
- An education in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with various network devices
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with network design best practices
- Minimum 10 years of experience in general Network Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience supporting software-defined network technologies (VMWare NSX, Juniper, Cisco, etc)
- Experience working in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and communications skills
- Expertise in design, building, and support of network infrastructure.
- Network Devices: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers
- Experience in Multivendor Network Environments (Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Extreme)
- Functional/knowledge bullet for Public Cloud experience, GCP, AWS, Azure, Alibaba, HE, etc
- Experience working closely with Systems/Storage teams in cloud environments supporting Flexpods, vBlocks, UCS, etc.
- Network Skills: TCP/IP, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSec VPN), Layer2/3 switching and VLAN configuration, Firewall security policies, spine and leaf architecture.
- Proficient with tools to collect network statistics utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc…)
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at [email protected].