Please note: This position is only open to candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Periphery Digital Inc. is a fast-paced, bilingual digital marketing and advertising agency founded and based in Vancouver, Canada. Specializing in both English and Chinese digital strategy and execution, some of our services include developing paid media strategies to drive leads and conversions, and using bilingual content and digital assets to optimize reach and growth. We believe that when we take good care of our team, the team takes care of us. We're proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work®!
The Digital Designer is accountable for the successful completion of digital design deliverables for Periphery’s client campaigns. You will take provided design briefs and execute any required deliverable for the campaign. This mainly includes display ads (HTML5 animated or static) and social media ads (stories and reels).
Reporting directly to the head of the design department, you are a self-starter with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate should have previous experience and have demonstrated technical capabilities of producing industry standard designs.
- Create digital assets (display ads, social media, videos, etc) for a range of platforms.
- Collaborate with internal teams to maintain consistent branding across all deliverables.
- Ensure design work meets client/vendor requirements.
- Remain flexible when accommodating client feedback into design deliverables.
- Effectively communicate design decisions for deliverables if requested (for clients to understand the design choices presented).
- Stay abreast of digital trends, including new design technologies and software applications.
*Perform other related duties as required
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
- A resume
- A digital portfolio showing a wide range of design work or samples. Website preferred in order to see motion/animation examples. PDF to be considered if work is excellent.
- Diploma or degree in Design.
- 2+ years of design experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Expert knowledge in graphic design principles, digital design principles and web standards.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including verbal and written.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy; excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS – must be able to read and edit simple code.
- Demonstrated graphical, animation, and video editing skills in previous work and portfolio.
Be a part of our team and enjoy:
- Great health benefits — which includes dental care, extended health care, vision care, and wellness credits
- Paid time off — work-life balance is important to us! Work hard and take the time to recharge and relax
- Casual, remote-first work environment — we dress casual, collaborate a lot, and share a love for furry friends
- Career development opportunities — we push each other to be better and grow together, whether it's enrolling you in professional development courses or attending a webinar together!
- Meal credits — we're all foodies
Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all those who apply and look forward to welcoming a new member of the Periphery team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Work Location: In person