As a recognized national business law firm, we support, grow, and impact our communities through our work. We help entrepreneurs, companies, and professionals shape and build the Canadian economy.
When you start a career with Miller Thomson, you join a firm that puts its people first. We provide the opportunity to influence the course of your career, community, and workplace with the support and backing of a national organization. While teamwork and collaboration are hallmarks of our culture, we accept and encourage individuality. You can expect a friendly, safe, and supportive environment where your colleagues will rally around to help you succeed.
Find the spark that will propel your career to new heights. Apply today to join a firm that is dedicated to you.
We are seeking a Practice Administrative Assistant to join our Litigation team in Toronto.
This is an exciting opportunity for a personable and self-motivating individual to build a career while enhancing skills and developing expertise. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for providing legal and administrative support to teams of Legal Assistants, Lawyers and Paraprofessionals across various practice areas. This position will require a confident, reliable and business-minded assistant, who demonstrates a team approach, and the ability to take direction, manages multiple tasks and adapts to changing priorities.
The hours of work are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with some flexibility required to meet client needs.
- Editing and proofreading routine correspondence, letters and other practice-related documents/forms as directed
- Opening files and adhering to Firm related protocols including conflict checks·
- Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established timelines·
- Managing administrative tasks, including time entry, billings, scheduling of appointments and coordinating meetings etc.
- Working with other internal departments/services internally to meet client needs
- Transcribing digital voicemails and short dictations
- Organizing files, both electronic and hard copy, as required
- Calendar and email management of legal professionals, as required
- Other duties, as required.
What you'll bring:
- Community College Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent combination of experience
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an assistant in a law firm or other professional organization
- Experience in Civil Litigation is an asset
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to day-to-day workflow
- Keen desire to learn and demonstrated ability to adapt
What we offer:
We believe in the importance of a Total Compensation package, ensuring our mix of salary, benefits, and perks are competitive within the market as well as a work-life balance. We offer:
- A comprehensive Benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision Care, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, 3+ Weeks’ Vacation and 10 Personal Days;
- A Diverse and Inclusive Workplace;
- Flexible working options;
- Maternity Leave Top-up;
- A Firm matching Group Retirement Savings plan;
- An individual TFSA with low fund management fees and competitive investment options;
- Employee Assistance Program to support you and your family;
- A wellness spending account to foster employee well-being;
- Professional Development opportunities;
- Employee appreciation events;
- Charitable giving programs.
Who we are:
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest-growing national business law firms, with strategically placed offices across the country. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, business services professionals and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodation on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please inform our Talent department of the nature of the accommodation that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.