Bill of Materials (BOM) Coordinator / Estimator
BOM Coordinator / Estimator position performs multi-level BOM entry and verification, and estimating in the Engineering department in support of the operating objectives to provide goods and services that meet customer’s requirements for timeliness and quality.
- Verify and maintain all part numbers leveraging proper revision control within the ERP system.
- Create, verify and maintain all Bills of Materials and routings within the ERP system based on engineering documents, customer drawings and documentation.
- Liaise with Sales, Project Management, Purchasing and Production to determine best methods and materials for manufacturing.
- Continually improve processes to maintain BOM schedule to meet due dates.
- Analyze results of BOM's to determine accuracy of data.
- Enter, track, and maintain engineering change notices.
- Create estimates for new / custom product opportunities.
- Determine manufacturing costs, including material, labor and overhead, and/or external supply chain.
- Understanding of manufacturing BOMs, part numbers, routings, revision levels and ERP systems.
- Must have recent (within last 3 years) experience creating and maintaining multi-level BOM's / Routings.
- Strong skills in AutoCAD and 3D Software (Inventor a plus).
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own work group.
- Exceptional Skills; planning ability with strong analytical, interpretive, organizational, problem solving, planning, prioritization, time-management, decision making, and multi-tasking.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work performed.
- Experience with process optimization will be considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterloo, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person