Small downtown law firm looking for a legal assistant to join our office.
Areas of law:
- Estate and Incapacity Planning
- Estate Administration
- Residential Real Estate
- Post-secondary education with preference given to candidates possessing a Legal
Administrative Assistant Certificate from an accredited college
- Exceptional English skills
- Outstanding spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Solid proficiency in MS Office (Word and Outlook) with demonstrated skills in document-formatting
- Above average communication, time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple concurrent tasks
Job Duties Include:
- Performing clerical duties, including word processing, correspondence, completing forms, scanning and photocopying, and filing
- Maintaining client files
- Responding to and initiating telephone and email communication
- Maintaining calendar of general office deadlines, important dates, and BF system
This is an ideal position for someone with a “can-do” attitude who enjoys a fast-paced environment and who wants a balance of sufficient training/support while maintaining the opportunity to work independently.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and covering letter. We thank all the interested applicants but only a few will be selected for an interview.
This is for a permanent position within our company with growth and advancement. Please do not apply if you are seeking a short-term position only.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person