With offices in London, Toronto, Strathroy and Kitchener, Lerners LLP provides a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology. Lerners’ employees enjoy a fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial culture. Our positions are best suited to individuals who take pride in their work and understand the importance of exceptional client service.
Lerners is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk to support Barbara Blew and Andrew Hentz in London. The primary duties will include law clerk tasks for commercial real estate purchases, sales and financing. The ideal candidate will have over five (5) years of experience working in a similar position. This is a Hybrid position and requires a minimum of 2 days in office or as required.
- opening and closing files
- conducting conflict searches
- inputting files into Conveyancer
- maintaining an effective BF system
- primarily commercial real estate deals
- ordering title searches, corporate searches and municipal reports when deals are firm;
- ordering payout statements on sale and mortgage files
- preparing real estate transactions for closing
- finalizing reports – to clients and financial institutions
- following up on undertakings and outstanding items on files
- registration of site plan, development, and subdivision agreements
- at least five (5) years of experience in commercial real estate with real estate transaction experience
- exceptional knowledge of Teraview and the requirements of Teraview with respect to title and Conveyancer matters
- excellent organization and communication skills
- the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- willingness to learn new subject matter and skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit an application including an updated resume and cover letter to our career portal. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will receive a response.
All Lerners employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Benefits of Working at Lerners
Working at Lerners is both challenging and rewarding.
Our skilled Learning and Development team provides training and continued support to all firm members. Lerners is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
Commensurate with skill level and years of experience.
- Health, Extended Health, Dental and Vision care
- LTD insurance
- Life insurance
- Parking/Transit/Home ergonomic equipment/Fitness membership reimbursement
- RRSP matching program
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Referral Bonus
- Employee Family Assistance Program