ERIS has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator to perform a TIER3 role supporting a wide range of infrastructure and technologies. The position is responsible for executing assignments in a complex environment requiring the configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting of front and back-office applications, operating systems, and designated hardware. The Senior Systems Administrator will also perform key functions in implementing and managing technologies that underpin enterprise security policies.
Specific Responsibilities and Daily Tasks:
- Supports Windows Server, Active Directory, Linux, Azure, and Office 365 (over 90 virtual machines and 220 end-users).
- Performs advanced system administration including storage attached network management, Next Gen firewall configuration, backups, enterprise software upgrades and patching, and network and application performance monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Provides the final stage of escalation from IT support and must therefore possess the most technical knowledge of the corporate network, hardware, and system infrastructure.
- Updates and maintains technical documentation in the corporate IT documentation tool.
- Assists with reporting, documenting, and executing recommendations for performance of hardware systems, resolving capacity constraints and bottlenecks, system growth, and project implementations.
- Helps develop, document, communicate, and enforce network technology policy.
- Assists with necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Knowledge and Educational Requirements:
- Post-secondary degrees in Computer Science, or Systems and Network Administration
- 5-10 years direct experience in a complex network system environment supporting greater than 100 end-users.
Must have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with networking protocols, security administration, and VPN configurations.
- Extensive experience with the administration of virtualized environments.
- Experience with Next Gen firewalls.
- Familiarity with a Cybersecurity framework such as CIS or NIST, specifically in topic areas concerning firewalls, VPN, incident response, business continuity, and DR.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration, patch management, and optimization, including Active Directory and Group Policy design and implementation.
- Some database administration experience desirable.
- ITIL knowledge and/or certification would be an asset.
- Any security qualifications would be advantageous, such as CISSP.
- Any Microsoft qualification would be advantageous.
Specific experience with any the following technologies would be a distinct advantage:
Palo Alto Firewalls
VMware vSphere / vCentre
AWS, Azure and 365
Intune, Autopilot, Defender for Endpoint, Defender for O365
SQL and Oracle
Mac OS, Jamf
Hudu or similar
Full-time salaried position.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Eastern.
- The candidate must be in Ontario and have access to broadband internet.
Must be able to travel 5 days per month to metro Toronto and 6 trips per year – 1 week duration each - to other locations within Canada.
Participate in the on-call rotation and will require after hours work for planned changes and incident resolution, and provide expert level support.
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, including matching RRSP.
ERIS is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal-opportunity employer; we welcome all applications to help us build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us at: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.