Our Legal Assistants lend support to Tarralin Hanson, Notary Public and our team. Our services include a full range of real estate services, estate document preparation, notarizations and more. This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the office, from greeting clients and managing the notary and lawyer’s calendars, to managing office supplies and handling organization within the office.
Legal Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately in a friendly and business-like manner.
- Assist with preparation of purchase, sale, and mortgage documents.
- Assist with preparation of estate documents.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and email.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception and boardroom areas by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Scheduling new consultations and appointments by phone, email or in person.
- Correspond with clients, solicitors/notaries, conveyancers, mortgage brokers and real estate agents.
- Working within programs and websites relevant to our office duties.
- The job responsibilities may be adjusted based on the needs of the office.
Work Hours and Benefits: This position is full-time: Our office is open
Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 4:30PM at our Baker Street location.
Our team is currently working a rotating four-day work week. We offer two weeks paid vacation and benefits after six months. Salary: Starting at $30,930 annually, this may vary depending on experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and time constraints.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize.
- Attention to detail and an ability to work independently and without direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Active listening.
- Customer Focus.
- Work is sedentary in nature.
- Must be able to walk short distances to and from the local law offices and banks located in the Baker Street area.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a college Diploma in Office Administration or similar field.
- OR 2+ years of experience in a customer service role is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of real estate ownership (mortgages, property taxes, insurance, home purchase and sale.) is beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of areas of practice relating to BC Notary Public offices is beneficial but not required.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) software.
The Job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive list. Responsibilities, tasks, and other duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description, and those other duties as assigned, may be part of the job. While we thank all of those who apply, due to the volume of resumes received, we will only be contacting those who meet the qualifications.
Send your resume to [email protected] or drop off in person at 1101
Baker Street Cranbrook B.C.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $30,940.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cranbrook, BC V1C 1A7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person