Hammerco Lawyers is a widely recognized B.C. law firm who has been selected as one of Canada’s top employers and voted best law firm to work for in Vancouver.
Our talented, diverse team of legal professionals lead with a client focused mind and a collaborative spirit. We lean on our collective strengths and work together to deliver powerful legal solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on being results driven and innovative, with the goal of improving 1% everyday in the way we operate.
We offer our team lots of flexibility with our hybrid work model. We recognize that we all have lives outside of work and we want you to succeed in your work and personal life. Our flexible office space was designed to allow our team to pick and choose their office or desk space when they do come into the office. We offer a state-of-the-art experience with sit stand desks, a stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, and a roof top patio for summer hangouts.
We combine our top-notch legal skills with true passion for what we do.
We are social, supportive, and inclusive.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days
- Growth opportunities
- Regular social events
- On-the-job training
- Company perks
- Safe work environment
- Lively atmosphere
This role provides legal and administrative support to lawyers in various areas and stages of litigation matters, in the delivery of Powerful Legal Solutions to the firm’s clients.
· Ability to draft preliminary correspondence and legal documents with general instructions.
· Preparing and serving List of Documents.
· Preparing List of Disbursements.
· Facilitating file transfers.
· Preparing Application Records.
· Provide high level communication to clients.
· Set and meet annual goals and targets.
· Prepare, edit, format, proofread, and file legal documents, correspondence from dictation, instructions, handwritten and precedents.
· Manage calendars, schedules, appointments, and deadlines for lawyers.
· Maintaining bring forward or tracking system for limitation and follow-up dates.
· Communicate with clients, courts, opposing counsel, adjusters, and other parties in a professional and courteous manner.
· Scheduling trials, trial management conferences, case plan conferences, examinations for discovery, registrar hearings (estate litigation specific), and mediations.
· Land Title, Wills and Probate searches (estate litigation specific).
· Part VII funding requests and reimbursements (personal injury specific).
· Special Damages (personal injury specific).
· Scheduling medical appointments, including preparing letters of instruction, and organizing records for experts.
· Serving expert reports.
· Reminding clients of scheduled dates.
· Scheduling client update meetings.
· Open, organize and maintain files, records, and reports.
· Paying invoices.
· Depositing cheques.
· Scanning/photocopying documents.
· Prepare retainer agreements.
· Handle incoming and outgoing mail, courier, fax and emails.
· Records requests and document production.
· Assist with Trial and Mediation preparation.
· Vacation coverage.
· Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by lawyers.
<2 years work experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant.
Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate considered an asset.
Understanding of legal procedures and documentation and the ability to diarize dates independently.
· Resourceful, proactive and solutions focused.
· Exhibits a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and diligence.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and other legal software applications as required.
· Able to effectively communicate and work as a collaborative team player.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills both on the phone and in person.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
· Professional customer service experience with the ability to defuse challenging situations.
· Possess strong efficiency, optimization, organizational, and communication skills.
· Voices concerns in a proactive and constructive solution-oriented manner
· Acts in a manner reflective of the company culture of high moral/ethical standards, innovation and continuous evolution, trust in team, continuous improvement, and sustainable relationships; and
· Observe and reflect our firm values of Results, Collaboration, Trust, and Generosity
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V5Y 0M6