Quik's Farm Ltd. is a wholesale cut flower grower based in Chilliwack, BC, with over 20 acres of indoor and an additional 35 acres of seasonal outdoor growing space. Quik’s Farm is geared towards the intense production of cut Chrysanthemums, Oriental Lilies, Alstroemeria, and other seasonal crops utilizing state-of-the-art growing systems and leading-edge technology to produce high quality products for our diverse customer base throughout Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest USA. We are currently hiring an Office Administrator. This position offers you an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, fun-loving, and growing team!
- Oversee and coordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures.
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
- Coordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms,
- disposal of assets, parking, maintenance, and security services.
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes.
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls.
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals, and correspondence.
- May supervise records management technicians and related staff.
- Manage a comprehensive planning schedule for the manager that is always a year in advance.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to be resourceful and solve problems
- A keen eye for detail
- A commercial mindset
- Experience working with horticulture or floriculture industries is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize mathematics and accounting skills at a grade 12 or post-secondary level
- Completion of high school and/or applicable post-secondary education
- Completion of a Business Administration or equivalent post-secondary education
- A valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5 - ** this is only necessary if the person needs to travel for work as they could get a ride to work.
- Ability to follow-up
- Able to take initiative
- Strong work ethic and values
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Problem solving
This position may require you to work on Saturdays and statutory holidays. There will be no Sunday work.
Benefits and competitive wages are offered based on level of experience and value you can bring to the team.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Thank you for the time and effort that you put into your application. Applicants who are shortlisted for this position will be contacted soon.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $24.62 per hour
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chilliwack, BC V2P 6H5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
Work Location: In person