Safety First Consulting Professional Corporation is a licensed paralegal firm providing effective Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) claims management and appeals representation services to all industries.
We are seeking a paralegal with superior WSIB experience for a permanent full-time position.
Candidates require exceptional oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills. You have the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Assistance with the completion of all WSIB claims forms
- Liaise with the Clients and WSIB/WSIAT personnel
- Development and implementation of the work reintegration program with modified work packages
- Monitoring and follow-up of modified work progress
- Review of functional abilities information
- Representation at Return to Work meetings
- Second Injury & Enhancement Fund (SIEF) cost relief reviews and written submissions
- Transfer of Cost submissions
- Review of Case Files and provide opinion on merits of appeal
- Prepare written and oral appeal submissions on behalf of various clients
- Meet necessary deadlines for appeals at WSIB and WSIAT
- Experience in WSIB and WSIAT oral appeal representation is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of WSIB/WSIAT policies
- Basic medical knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills
- Persuasive writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
Salary commensurate with experience. Only those considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON L4K 4S2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- paralegal: 3 years (required)
- WSIB claims: 2 years (required)
- Paralegal License (required)
Work Location: In person