The role will involve assisting with various corporate accounting functions and meeting corporate and government reporting requirements, including, but not limited to, monthly financial reporting, financial data and variance analysis, quarterly inventory control, year-end closing and annual audits, annual corporate tax and information returns filing, and annual budgeting.
- Corporate Accounting: Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, intercompany allocations and reconciliations, balance sheet analysis, detailed variance analytics, and process accounts payable as required.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements and other financial reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Tax Compliance: Assist in the preparation and filing of corporate tax returns in both Canada and the United States, other regulatory filings, surplus calculation, and tax provision calculation.
- Forecasting/Budgeting: Support the preparation of annual budgets.
· Minimum 3 years of work-related experience
· Post-secondary education in accounting or finance
· Strong/advanced in MS Excel, in particular look-up functions and pivot tables
· Knowledge and experience working with accounting software
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and / or Mandarin)
· Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Effective problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
· Excellent organizational & analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Aptitude and desire to grow within the Finance team
· Professional accounting designation or working toward CPA designation is an asset.
Note: We are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement until further notice.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- What is your expected salary?
- Cantonese (preferred)
- Mandarin (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Markham, ON L3R 6B9