Seeing beyond numbers.TM
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 3,000 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.
This role sits within Laurentian Bank.
As part of the Legal and Compliance Team, you will support the sales force related to legal aspects of their financing transactions. Will also be involved in syndication and indirect financing.
In collaboration with your manager and internal groups, you will document procedures to ensure compliance with policies applicable to LBC. At all times, you must comply with procedures and regulatory requirements, while contributing to the optimal functioning of operations and achievement of the business line's goals.
- Draft and negotiate various equipment financing agreements, security documents and closing agendas in compliance with LBC policies and approvals from Credit
- Register moveable/personal property security at appropriate registries
- Review and approve conditions precedent before disbursement and send funding instructions
- Liaise with external lawyers regarding the granting and execution of their mandates
- Review and negotiate, assignment and participation agreements with syndicated partners
- Confirm the validity and perfection of security in the context of equipment financing transaction (at the time of origination and in the context of corporate reorganization)
- Coordinate and handle all post-disbursement requests related to security, especially subordination clause, release, write-off, assignment of contract and assumption
- Review compliance and regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance to account executives and analysts with respect to the legal aspects of their transactions and security perfection
- Identify ways to improve our business processes in relation to product delivery, submit recommendations and participate actively in developing and implementing new procedures to improve the business unit's efficiency, while complying with the LBC policies and applicable law
- Keep updated on current legislation and the LBC policies and procedures; track market trends
- Perform all tasks of similar or general nature requested by his or her superior or required for the job
- Bachelor's degree in law and/or DCS in Paralegal and/or relevant experience, minimum three (3) years in a financial institution
- Excellent knowledge of laws applicable to commercial financing and security perfection (moveable and immoveable in Québec and real and personal property in the PPSA jurisdictions
- Excellent knowledge of equipment financing through leasing
- Ability to evolve in a dynamic environment and manage multiple files at once
- Excellent organizational skills, effective management of priorities and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of civil and common law
- Required Qualification - Professional working proficiency in French and English languages required as position involves frequent written and oral communication on complex matters with internal and external parties in both languages
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request for job applicants taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.