Since 1974, Shermco has become North America’s largest and fastest growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis on safety and client service. That’s why we say… if it’s in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is poised for the next decade and beyond.
Shermco Canada is seeking a Construction & Quality Coordinator
Construction & Quality Coordinator
The Construction & Quality Coordinator, under the direction of the Project Manager, is primarily responsible for coordinating, planning and supporting Shermco’s electrical construction site services along with QA/QC and project controls of Shermco’s overall electrical services site operations.
- Development and submittal of ITP’s
- Creation of field work packages in support of construction supervisors
- Vendor pricing and quote creation for site based construction requirements in support of Project Manager
- Create and maintain QA/QC control documentation
- Perform internal QA/QC audits
- Act as liaison with BHP/HBJV representative(s) for project walk downs.
- Creation and review of punch lists
- Responsible for ensuring any QA/QC corrective actions are executed and closed
- Creation and submittal of TQ’s/RFI’s
- Creation and submittal of ToP’s
- Document requests and submittals through BHP/HBJV portals/platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in electrical construction is an asset
- Experience and understanding of quality assurance/quality control and project controls process and workflow
- Experience in industrial settings
- Experience in medium and high voltage systems considered an asset
- Journeyperson Electrician certificate, Electrical EIT (Engineer-In-Training) or demonstrated knowledge and experience in construction coordination, QA/QC or project controls
- Solid computer skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to maintain a clean abstract
- Must be available to work out-of-town if not local at customer site – BHP Jansen
- Position is site based (BHP Jansen)
- 4 & 3 shift
- Camp required for personnel not local to site
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.