Above Food Brands is thrilled to offer the opportunity to join its Quality Assurance team at the Ingredient Center in Saskatoon, SK. If you are looking to make an impact and want to be part of a dynamic adventure this may be for you. We are actively seeking a Quality Management Systems Coordinator, Permanent - Full Time position, reporting directly to the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Ingredients.
Main duties and responsibilities of the QMS Coordinator:
- Oversee, Organize and maintain the food safety & quality Management program (BRCGS Issue 9).
- Assist in the Development, Implementation, Monitoring and Enforcement of FSQMS policies and procedures
- conduct Routine FSQSM monitoring activities & Tasks (e.g. Metal detector verifications).
- Coordinate HACCP Team Meetings, assist with Agenda & slides preparation & minutes/notes taking.
- Ensure corrective/preventative actions are addressed, documented, and closed in a timely manner by responsible parties
- Train all Personnel and contractors on GMPs and key Food Safety requirements
- Prepare for and assist QA Manager with 3rd party audits related to current Certifications (Organic, Kosher, Gluten-free, non GMO, GFSI etc.)
- Verify & files records that support the food safety program
- Ensure that all Key Performance Indicators are trended accurately on weekly, Monthly and Quarterly basis
- Support QA Manager with Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Coordinate and assist QA Manager with Customer Feedback documentation and resolution
- Manage Independently Document Change requests of all controlled documents related to BRCGS program.
- Support Production with Standard Operating Procedures development to ensure QMS elements are properly included
- Cross Train to conduct Incoming and Finished product testing as back-up for Laboratory Technicians.
- Other duties as required.
What the Ideal Fit looks like:
- Solid knowledge of practical applications of HACCP principles (risk assessment & hazard analysis) is critical
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Power Point is critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enhance inter-departmental interactions: Builds positive trusting relationships
- Comfortable with working with production team in the plant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: Overcommunicate and reports back frequently
- Ability to establish priorities and follow through on them.
- Can work independently and as a team with minimal supervision.
- Good problem-solving skills, brings solutions not just problems
- Strong organizational skills for own work
- Deals with Stress in a professional manner
- Willing to be flexible on schedule provided sufficient notice
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in food industry, preferably in a Quality assurance function.
- B.Sc. or B.S.A or its equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, preferably in Food Science or related Field.
- Training certificates in GFSI programs (BRCGS, FSSC 22000, SQF), HACCP, Internal Audits, PCQI are considered strong assets.
Above all, we will hire the best Character and will train the skill set required.
Only Candidates that meet the minimum requirements and/or possess related food industry experience will be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- HACCP Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-02