Job Posting: Communications Officer – Content Creation & Media Relations
Reports to: Vice-President, Communications & Community Engagement
Job Status: Full-time, continuing
Posting Date: September 18, 2023
Closing Date: October 13, 2023
Location: Hamilton, ON – Hybrid Work Model – 3 days on site, 2 days remote
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is looking for a Full-time Communications Officer
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton – an academic health sciences centre committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals.
A leader in healthcare philanthropy, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is accredited through Imagine Canada’s Standards Program which recognizes excellence in fundraising, financial accountability and transparency, governance, volunteer involvement and staff management.
As a Foundation team, we work closely with grateful patients, individuals, corporations and foundations, healthcare professionals and research teams at the Hospital to raise and steward funds for vital equipment needs, to help renovate patient care areas at the Hospital, and fund research studies that will inform the future of care.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation Hamilton is looking for a Communications Officer to join our team of dedicated, caring and mission-focused professionals who are committed to working together to empower healthcare in our community and are proud to support St. Joseph’s inspiring mission of Hope, Healing and Discovery. Read more about us here: https://www.stjoesfoundation.ca/
Core Function: On the communications team at St. Joe’s Foundation, we’re a small shop, so we take great pride in being copy writers and social media managers, video producers, speech writers and content creators. There’s something new on the go almost every single day. Reporting to the Vice- President, Communications & Community Engagement, the core responsibilities of this role include:
· Providing sage communications counsel and support, outlined in creative plans. for all departments at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation including: annual giving, special events and community partnerships, development, finance and administration
· Participating in team meetings and strategy sessions with the Public Affairs Department of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton to ensure Foundation and Hospital messages are seamlessly aligned
· Composing compelling stories, posts and articles of varying length and style for Foundation communication vehicles including: internal and external e-newsletters, annual reports, publications, websites, news releases, advertisements and newspaper supplements/inserts etc.
· Pitching to and working with local media outlets and reporters, blogs and bloggers, and community partners to proudly share news and stories from St. Joe’s with our community
· Developing suggested speaking remarks for donors and Foundation and Hospital executives for internal and external events and gift announcements
· Crafting key message documents, frequently asked questions summaries, voicemail and email templates for the Foundation Team
· Creating and uploading content for the Foundation’s website: www.stjoesfoundation.ca.
· Developing storyboards and scripting for Foundation videos and vignettes
· Other communications and events related duties with some evening and weekend work required
Why Work with Us?
· Opportunity to do meaningful work that supports the health of our community
· Competitive salary range of $53,000 - $60,000 annually and a comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental benefits, a defined benefit pension plan (HOOPP), & maternity/parental leave top-up, your birthday off, early Fridays in the summer and more!
· Starting at 3 weeks vacation.
· Flexible work arrangements including hybrid work opportunities.
· Commitment to Professional Development including an annual budget for each employee.
· Newly renovated office spaces with parking on-site
· The successful candidate will have the following abilities:
· Diploma/degree in a related communications, marketing or PR discipline
· 3-5+ years of relevant experience in a similar environment
· Superior writing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills
· The ability to distil complex information into engaging content for the community
· Microsoft Office Suite & Content Management System (CMS) proficiency
· Knowledge of social media and communications best practices and emerging trends
· Eagerness and enthusiasm for fundraising communications, and a can-do attitude
· Superior interpersonal skills
· An understanding of the fundraising and/or healthcare industries
· Experience with Blackbaud products such as Raiser’s Edge and Luminate
If this role interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and cite Communications Officer in the subject line. Applications are due by Oct. 13, 2023
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility and as such, we will accommodate any needs set out under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-13