Our client, a leading national law firm with offices across the country has an immediate opening for a Paralegal on their highly talented team. The successful candidate will work in a collaborative environment with other Paralegals and lawyers focusing on commercial real estate and financing transactions.
Work arrangements: partial remote work negotiable (weekly attendance required)
Wage: Above average annual salary based on experience, excellent firm paid benefits, RRSP plan
Our client offers:
- Work-life balance
- Annual salary reviews
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement policy
- Firm social events
- Execution and municipal searches, corporate and Personal Property Act searches
- Preparation of documentation relating to purchase, sale, leasing and financing transactions
- Coordinating and assisting at closings
- Liaise with clients, counsel, financial institutions, title insurance companies, land registry offices
- Draft simple legal opinions and title opinions
- Attend closing of transactions and electronic registration of title documents
- Assist in transactions relating to zoning matters and land development
- Prepare and assemble closing books
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Real Estate Paralegal in the Commercial Real Estate group of a Canadian law firm
- Strong working knowledge of BC Land Titles
- Proven familiarity with BC Real Estate terminology and forms
- A Paralegal certificate/diploma from an accredited institution or equivalent
- Well organized with strong analytical skills and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
For more information, please apply today.
You may be interested in this job if you have Canadian experience in the following: real estate, commercial real estate, lending, banking, finance, real estate development, leasing, industrial, municipal planning, subdivision approvals, zoning matters.
We encourage you to visit us at www.hunterwest.ca as our list of Current Opportunities is updated regularly on there! We also invite you to connect with us to learn more and to access our expertise and our connections during your job search.
Please note that all applicants must reside within a reasonable distance to commute regularly or semi-regularly to the location of the posted job, be eligible to work in Canada, and offers of employment may be subject to background checks.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Please note that we are only able to respond to those who meet the above requirements, and are selected for interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Do you have strong working knowledge of BC Land Titles and BC Real Estate terminology and forms?
- Canadian law firm real estate paralegal: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9